• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

More help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More help

Hi you gave me advice some months ago and now things have moved on with lowells. They produced a signed CA and asked me to pay at £30 Per month for an outstanding debt of nearly £6000. I wrote to them advising them that I was disputing the amount claimed by them or shop direct. I had initially offered a reduced payment to shop direct of £30 and paid only one instalment as shop direct refused this offer and also refused to freeze interest and charges. I sought legal advice at the time and was advised to make no more payments. Nine months later shop direct sold my debt to lOwells. I iinformed lowells of these events and they have since replied to me stating that shop direct have informed them that they were within their rights to refuse my offer and continue to add interest and charges for nearly a further year bbefore selling the debt. Lowells are now looking for full payment. Is there anything else I can now do? I don't mind paying what I owe but not an extra £2000 in charges. I live in Scotland and am not sure if things are different here than in England. Sorry for being so long winded
    Tags: None

Re: More help

total bollocls from lowlife as usual

did they put the above response in writing or did they send a letter

Comment

Hi,

Lowells sent a letter to me advising they had spoken to Shop Direct about the matter and shop direct had advised them that they were perfectly within their rights to refuse my offer as it was too low and to continue charging interest and charges for a further nine months and that I was therefore liable to pay the full amount.

Comment

Hi, I hae now received another letter from Lowells today asking if I am happy with the answer to my query and they hope this resolves things for me! yeah right I am over the moon!! They have asked me to get in touch with them in order to organise a repayment plan. Where do I go with this now. I am not prepared to pay nine months interest and charges all because shop direct would not reach an agreement with me. HELP PLEASE

Comment

Hi,

Sorry to be impatient but can anyone give me any advice on how to approach this now? Do I dig my heels in with Shop Direct or deal with lowells?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X