• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Dealing with CCJ - Welcome Finance/IND Ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealing with CCJ - Welcome Finance/IND Ltd

Hi Everyone

I was hoping to receive some advice on a very difficult situation I have found myself in. I suppose I will start at the beginning to give you all the details.

I took out an initial loan with Welcome Finance back in 2006 for £1500 which included PPI. I then received a phonecall a year later after clearing half of it asking me if I would like a further loan of money, I agreed and so the initial loan was repaid and I had a new loan of £3000 without PPI. In 2008 I stopped paying this loan due for a number of reason and effectively cut off contact with Welcome Finance altogether. I moved to London and had received letters from them and statements right up until I think around 2011. I had never heard anything in terms of debt collection agencies etc.

I moved to Spain in Dec 2011 and have come back to London just this month (August) , I applied for a new job and it turns out that a ccj was registered on 25/07/12. The CCJ registered was for £3,551. I contacted Northampton county court and they told me it has been transferred to Kingston Upon Thames court and when I asked they said that was likely when the creditor is seeking further enforcement. I called Kingston Upon Thames and they said that yes it is transferred to them and if I was asking for it to be set aside I need to complete the N244 form and pay £80.

I then contacted Welcome Finance and explained that I would like to come to some type of agreement with them so that I can ask the judge to set the ccj aside on the basis of never receiving any notice of the debt being reassigned and also the fact that I had moved out the country and never received any judgement notices etc. Welcome Finance said that they cannot deal with the account and that I would need to speak to IND Ltd.

So I called IND Ltd and said the same – I’m not in a position to pay the full £3,551 within the 30 day time limit for the judgement to be automatically cancelled but I wanted to come to an arrangement with them to then ask the judge to set it aside. I was told they wouldn’t accept any agreement . Firstly I offered to pay a lump of £1000 and then pay £500 per month and when she said there was no way I then asked about a discount where she said It would need to be around £3,000 and full and final settlement would be the only way to get the ccj cancelled.

Realistically what I wanted was to come out of the conversation with an agreed payment plan so I could then ask the judge to set the judgement aside on the basis that Welcome/IND would agree no to contest and the other reasons detailed.

I really don’t know what to do as I am in a catch 22 position, I don’t have the cash to pay the full amount to make this go away and the problem I have is I have just had an offer for a position in financial services which is my background but I know next week I will need to submit the credit check info for them and I will not pass hence I will not get the job.

Does anyone know what I should do, how I should proceed with this? I would be grateful for anyones experience shared.

Thanks.
    James
    Tags: None

Re: Dealing with CCJ - Welcome Finance/IND Ltd

being you never received the claim form is enough to have the judgement set aside

it can take up to three months for the application to set aside to be put in front of a judge

being an old welcome agreement it is usual for the agreement to be flawed in some way so setting aside is prob your best option

Comment

Hi Border Collie

Thanks for your reply. I understand that the fact that I never received any claim form is enough, but is it generally only set aside if you have a defence too?

This is something I mentioned when i spoke to IND - I believe that there could be a chance that the agreement may be flawed considering how they have operated.

Tks.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I understand that the fact that I never received any claim form is enough, but is it generally only set aside if you have a defence too?n

who told you that rubbish

all you do is put a set aside request inn on a N244 application notice stating why you are doing it. not receiveing THE CLAIM FORM
        you state you were not given the oportunity to defend the action.

you do not have to do a defence or say what your defence is going to be.

with a set aside, all that happens is the claim is taken back to the begining prior to exchange of documents , that is all

being welcome, i can give you an assurance in 90 % of the time, welcome will have fracked up on these early agreements

stop phoning and talking to IND

TALK TO ME

Comment

Hi Miliitant

i seen it on a different forum that if the judge reckoned you wouldn't be able to defend the original claim then they wouldn't set aside. Not true then?

The problem is that i wasn't informed therefore been able to make different arrangements at an earlier stage to pay the amount they wanted or enter into conversation with them. I don't really have anything to defend I suppose, I owe them the monies due. I need to come up with something though because If I can't get this set aside my whole career will be in ruins.

I am planning to go to the court tomorrow to submit N244, any advice on how I should approach the questions on the form?

Thanks,
          James

Comment

i can allways find faults with welcome

if you had that insurance crap put on your agreement, ppi, gap, nuclear fall out insurance then i can tell you you have a defence. it is to early to go into the detail of the defence but i will say

Welcome Elite Brokers and Wilson v Hurstanger

TO SET ASIDE JUST STATE YOU NEVER RECEIVED THE ORIGINAL CLAIM FORM AND WHY YOU NEVER RECEIVED IT AND THAT YOU HAVE A REASONABLE CHANCE OF DEFENDING ANY ACTION

Comment

Thanks Miliitant

So I shouldnt speak to welcome or IND at all and I will file tomorrow.

In terms of filing -

I am going to say that I did not receive any correspondance stating that the debt had been assigned out and received no judgement papers either.

In terms of the debt in the first place. I have requested the contracts from Welcome Finance, can I upload them here to try to find something wrong with them to dispute the debt itself? I noticed that the debt has went from £2600 to £3551 in just fees.

Thanks
              James

Comment

we request the agreements etc later

just put in tghe N244 application notice first to set aside

do not try to run before you can walk

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X