• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mortimer Clarke, ME III Ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortimer Clarke, ME III Ltd

Hi

I had a debt with Barclays and it got transferred to Mortimer Clarke who act on behalf of ME III Ltd (Marlin)
    They took the debt on last month and without any aknowledgement defaulted the accountwith CRAs

I was sent a court letter from Northampton BCCC regarding this and as the debt is around 5 years old, new again now they have defaulted it, requesting nearly £6k. I followed what the court stated and sent a CPR 34.4 to ME III Ltd but never got a response, the court charged me £210 to defend such case.

I sent in a N150 to the court, which was an allocation questionaire, also a copy of the letter to ME III Ltd and a copy of the signed delivery.

Now I have until July 27th to either mediate with the said company who still have not sent any documentation through ie copy of contract, where we defaulted with them ie all correspondence which they will rely on in court, the court have also requested a allocation questionaire to be sent, do I have to send the same again? will I be charged a fee again to defend? Barclays never stated it was in default as it was being dealt with via a credit repair company , who I recently stopped and re engaged with Barclays but now this...

What is my next step? Can anyone help me ?

Kind regards

Andy G
    Tags: None

Re: Mortimer Clarke, ME III Ltd

I AM CONFUSED

are you saying a LIVE account (barclays)was sold to marlin without a default or termination notice

this is interesting as a DCA DO NOT OFFER A CREDIT FACILITY (BARCLAYCARD)

this is where they slip up

you need to elaborate from the begining about this barclays debt, starting prior going to marlin and mortimewr clark

mortimer clark are solicitors

Comment

seems mortimer clark are bring naughty as they baught my BH debt when I still have an ongoing dispute with BH themselves, all I can say dispute dispute dispute.
      sigpic

Comment

Yes it was a live account with an agreement in place , no termination first thing I knew was the court info so looked at CRA's info and it was there!

It was a cc from around 5 years ago, I cancelled the use of it around 3 years ago due to health issues/employment and have maintained payments up until feb this year, for 2 years via a credit consolidation company.

I cancelled their services due to regaining employment and have been in talks with Barclays re a repayment offer. They would never give a straight answer so on each months statement I paid the minimum off until march when all statements ceased, and the next I knew was Mortimer Clarke the solicitors for ME IIi ltd, same guy owns both companies as well as Marlin.

Hope this makes more sense?

Comment

If you have not received documentation, including evidence ME III Ltd and Mortimer Clarke intend to rely on, this needs to be brought to the attention of the court. A claimant or defendant who does not comply with CPRs, especially with regard to disclosure of evidence and documents, shouldn't be surprised if the court rules the evidence/documents inadmissible (cannot be used) or strikes the claim out and awards costs against them. Reading through your post, however, I am wondering if what ME II Ltd/Mortimer Clarke is doing amounts to an abuse of legal process or are misleading the court.
          Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Thanks BB, I think I should ring the court first thing tomorrow and ask advice?
            Will update asap

Comment

I would certainly speak to the court and also speak to this "credit repair" company and find out what the hell is going on. Something is definitely not right about this case.
              Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

I too have issues with MEIII and Mortimer Clarke. We had a HP agreement with Black Horse many years ago (2007ish) Due to employment issues we were unable to continue with repayments. We agreed a repayment plan with Black Horse but we were then notified the debt was sold to Sechiari Clark & Mitchell which it turned out that they were Black Horse's inhouse solicitors. We made several payments but then stopped and heard no more for about 7 years when out of the blue we received 1 letter saying the debt was now with Cabot. For whatever reason this was ignored and we then received a letter in 2015 saying the account was now with DLC. We started making payments to them but eventually stopped due to employment circumstances. We cannot find any correspondence from DLC saying that they have sold the debt to MEIII but we started receiving letters from Mortimer Clarke saying they were acting for MEIII who owned the debt. The debt they said was approx. £6K which after Subject Access Requests provided quite a lot of information we are able to show that the debt may be less than £1K. I went to the Financial Ombudsman who were extremely helpful as far as their brief would allow but as the claim was against Black Horse and they had legally sold the debt on, we would have to issue a new claim against either MEIII or Mortimer Clarke which we are in the process of submitting, when we find out who owns the debt. Can anyone out there help with any additional information. We have been in Court twice with Sechiari Clarke & Mitchell and with Black Horse but not in the last 6 years.

Comment

Can you paragraph this people will read it without straining to decipher

Comment

You should start your own thread this one is getting on for being 9 years old!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X