• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

transcom

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transcom

hi all. i have been recieving debt letters from mackenzie hall, and have ignored them thus far as they are cowboys from what im told. ive now received another one from transcom. it says it originates from arrow global guernsey ltd, and as far as im concearned, i have no recollection of the debt. ive lived here nearly 7 years and i did get into debt with various catalogues ect, but cleared them all through an administration order, which was paid in full over a year ago. any advise on what i should do please?????
    Tags: None

Re: transcom

There seems to have been a lot of these dropping through letter boxes in the last few days. A large proportion of them for debts that are not named and/or owed.

So looks like Transcom/Arrow or whoever had "traced" for them have made a damn poor job of locating the correct person and are sending demands to the wrong people. Or if you are more cynical, then these DCAs are returning to the time old practice of sending demands to every person they can find of the same name hoping that some mug pays up.

Either way, unless someone sends a demand for a debt you recognise or owe, then I think I would continue to ignore.

One thing that might be advisable is to check your credit files. Assuming that you don't have any past issues that you don't now want traced to your current address.

Arrow Global have a nasty habit of slapping a recent default on someones credit file as soon as they buy a debt, which if you are just at the stage of getting things cleared up would be a rubbish thing to happen.

Comment

thanks for the reply, as i said, it started through mackenzie hall, i had about 6 letters off them and now this. i dont think i have any past issues as i was honest on my admin order to get it all cleared up. i think i grew up lol!! ive never checked my credit file as im scared of what ill find lol!!! might try it tho some time soon, but i think ill wait to see how long before another letter shows up!! thank you

Comment

Please take the advice given on this forum if these companies say you have a debt they have to prove it if you ignore the letters they will probably go away after all if i say you owe me money would you pay me obvious you dont but i too would of had to prove you owe the money]dont get stressed carry on with your life PLEASE

Comment

It sounds to me like Mucky Hall et all are engaged in something called Scattergunning, which is against OFT Debt Collection Guidelines. I'm attaching an electronic copy of the most up-to-date OFT Debt Collection Guidelines for your information and use. It might not be a bad idea to speak to your local Trading Standards Department about this and the OFT's Credit Fitness Team. The Credit Fitness Team receive complaints/reports about DCAs, who have to hold a Category F Debt Collection Licence under the CCA in order to operate, by email at enquiries@oft.gsi.gov.uk. Put the words CREDIT FITNESS in the subject box of your email. This will ensure the email is directed to the Credit Fitness Team. Your complaint/report may not trigger enforcement straightaway, but, if the OFT have received a large number of complaints, it may be the complaint/report that triggers enforcement. There is no harm in reporting this sort of thing to the appropriate law enforcement/regulatory agencies.
          Attached Files
          Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Transcom deal with many companies, but especially eBay, and their letters in relation to any kind of eBay debt can be ignored, as the 'contract' to open an eBay account can be opened by anyone with anyones details.

I had a problem with eBay, and I told them I would withhold funds until they satisfactorily sorted my problem out, needless to say they ignored me, so I told them they wouldn't be paid.

At the end of the day, they lose, not me as it was a dispute over £10 I felt they should refund me, when they knew someone who bidded on an item had no intention of seeing it through and they ended up stopping their account permanently.

They opted not to, so now they've lost over £70, so in fact i've gained.

So, if you've ever had an eBay account, it might be in relation to that.

Comment

thank you for all the replies. galahad, ive never used ebay or anything like that as i refuse point blank to enter my details into a computer lol. i know i should update myself because security is better these days but im stubborn lol!!! anyway, thank you for the attachment bluebottle but my lappie refuses to open it so a trip to my local library will be in order. ive not had any other letters as you but will keep you posted when i do. thanks again all of you xx

Comment

Originally posted by juicymel View Post
                i have been recieving debt letters from mackenzie hall, and have ignored them thus far as they are cowboys from what im told.
                They aren't.

Cowboys are far more honourable and trustworthy.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X