• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Prove it letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prove it letter

Hi would like to say what a great help this forum is, thank you for all your hard work,
    I need some advice on this, sent a prove it letter to dca but did not send the one pound postal order, had a reply two weeks later headed notice of sums in arrears, this time from a different dca but for the same creditor Hillesden, I think the new dca, DLC are part of Hillesden, do I resend the prove it letter again with the one pound postal order or ignore them can you help.
    Tags: None

Re: Prove it letter

Resend it with the PO

Comment

Sorry to butt in but whats the £1 for

Comment

I have assumed the OP wanted a copy of the CCA agreement. If it's just a prove it letter, you're absolutely right thanks, there should be no fee. It's upto them to prove they have a right to collect the debt.

Comment

Hi

Not wishing to hijack this thread, but perhaps the OP wouldn't mind me expressing my thoughts on the"Prove it" letter.

If for any reason someone decide they are not going to pay I, and many others have recommended the sending of these for some years now. Just lately I have begun to wonder why.

The alternative of course is just to ignore the DCA's letter.

I really cant see any advantage in sending the the request, the fact that they will have to prove the debt would come out anyway in court, if that was their intent.

If they haven't got any proof they will respond with a load of waffle, designed to make you continue the dialogue.

Section 78 requests are a waste of time IMO they can manufacture them with or without an agreement, if they decide to enforce they can just produce one under CPR or even at the hearing.
          It has been clarified for all to see that these request are only of any use for information purposes they prove nothing.

I think the best response now is to ignore anything that doesn't come from the court, if they ring either refuse to answer security questions or even just ask then to take you to court.

My opinion

D

Comment

Hi
            Thanks you all for your thoughts, I thought I had to send a pound, I must have misunderstood curlybens
            post on prove I'm the debtor, any debt I had if it was mine would be sb anyway.

Comment

Hi alboy
              If your sure its SB then there is a template on here somewhere to send if you want to stop all the letters

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_Faccenda

Running around like headless chickens...

Comment

Send a prove it letter, you only send a £1.00 if you are requesting copy of an alledged CCA1974 agreement, they no doubt just eventually send a copy of what an aggreement might of looked like under section 77/78/79/, but if went to a court you would request under rule an actual copy of the CCA1974 agreement under section 61.1 of the CCA1974.

The letter to prove it is under Curlys siggy or at the top under Credit Card/DCAs. at this stage if you think it is Statute Barred i.e. 6 yrs after the last payment only send a prove it letter nothing else, and do not admit anything, and do not talk on th phone to them, all in writing>>>

Comment

Hi Winner12

Thank you for reply, i know i could send the sb letter but why should i tell them that
                    its my debt, when they are unsure its even my debt, thats why i sent the prove it
                    letter, all they did was change dca and send me a notice of sums in arrears with
                    just my name on it, my middle name is not on it, good game though.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_Faccenda

Running around like headless chickens...
                      Hi Angry Cat
                      I think that says it all

Comment

Originally posted by alboy View Post
                        Hi Winner12

Thank you for reply, i know i could send the sb letter but why should i tell them that
                        its my debt, when they are unsure its even my debt, thats why i sent the prove it
                        letter, all they did was change dca and send me a notice of sums in arrears with
                        just my name on it, my middle name is not on it, good game though.
                        Hi alboy
                        Oh i see now your not too bothered by the letters
                        you could just ignore all there drivel in that case and also knowing it is SB
                        I would not even waste my money on the stamps and this shower of muppets

Comment

Phishing trip by them ?

Comment

If you want to get rid of them, just send the SB letter:

Creditor or DCA Name
                            Creditor or DCA Address
                            Town
                            County
                            Postcode

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: Account No/Your Ref:

No debt is acknowledged to your company yet you have contacted me regarding the above account.

As I am sure you are aware, under the Limitation Act 1980, s.5 “an action founded on simple contract shall not be brought after the expiration of six years from the date on which the cause of action accrued.”

No correspondence/payment/acknowledgement of this debt has been made within the last six years and accordingly unless you can provide evidence of payment or written contact from me in the relevant period under s.5 of the Limitation Act 1980, I suggest that you are no longer able to take any court action against me to recover any alleged amount claimed.

Furthermore, the OFT Debt Collection Guidance states that "continuing to press for payment after a debtor has stated that they will not be paying a debt because it is statue barred could amount to harassment contrary to s.40 (1) of the Administration of Justice Act 1970".

I await your written confirmation that no further contact will be made concerning the above account and confirmation that this matter is now closed.

I look forward to your early reply.

Yours faithfully

(Your signature)
                            (Your Name)

Comment

Hello

Yes it is five years in Scotland of course and if you live up there the debt is not only unenforceable but extinguished.

Section 40 of the administration of justice act no longer applies to loans, it was amended by the CPUTR's.

D

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X