• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Information Sharing...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information Sharing...

I've been thinking about my initial contact with my creditors which should begin next month when I start defaulting.

I had assumed that I would need to provide them with a comprehensive income/expenditure in order for me to negotiate some kind of arrangement.

However, whilst browsing some forums the other day, I came across a post from someone who said he would only ever give income/expenditure information if it was court ordered.

What's the general consensus on this issue?
    Tags: None

Re: Information Sharing...

Hi Arkwright,

The answer to your question is fairly simple actually. It depends what the I&E is for.

It is perfectly true that only a court can order you to complete an I&E form. If a DCA contacts you insisting on one, it is usually unwise to supply it. However, if you are trying to come to a sensible repayment plan which you want your creditors to accept, it is sensible to supply it.

There are those who say you should never do so, but to be honest they're living in cloud cuckoo land. It is unreasonable to expect any creditor to accept an offer, especially a very low one, without being able to see that the offer is realistic based on your incomings and outgoings..

As you plough the Internet, and you may find some on this forum, you will find the full spectrum of views, and the one you are questioning is a fairly widely held one. Common sense has to prevail though. If you are being asked for it by someone who has no right to it, refuse. If you are supplying it voluntarily to achieve something which will help you, supply it. It is highly unlikely any creditor will agree a repayment plan without seeing your I&E - why wait for a court to order you to supply it, when you can avoid court by keeping one step ahead of the game? :beagle:

Comment

Thanks Labman

Makes perfect sense to me to provide if I'm planning to offer £1 month to someone.

Did you get my e mail?

Comment

Yes I did thanks!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X