• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Anyone Heard of Business Fish Ltd.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Heard of Business Fish Ltd.

Money is being taken from my bank account by a company called Business Fish Ltd but I cant find out on whose behalf they are doing this. We have hit hard times and owe money to a few pay day loans who are giving me sleepless nights due to all the telephone calls, emails etc demanding that the outstanding debts be paid in full. I have tried to explain we cant pay them off in full but they won't listen or allow us to set up a payment pay with a realistic amount for us to pay. How can I find out more about this company and who they represent. I have tried on the internet and tried to find a telephone number but have drawn a blank. Any help would be apppreciated. Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Anyone Heard of Business Fish Ltd.

Based in Lincoln, probably from a virtual office in a business centre. Have not filed their activities as a business yet, and still in first year of trading. They seem to be connected with collecting for Moneyshop Loans if this makes any sense to you.

There is very new legislation that enables you to cancel recurring payments from your bank account. I would recommend that you do this. It would appear this company helps themselves to whatever they can get, so treat with extreme caution.

Comment

The company was set up in June 2011. And as Labman has said their registered office is in Lincoln.

LINDUM BUSINESS PARK STATION ROAD
      NORTH HYKEHAM
      LINCOLN
      LINCOLNSHIRE
      UNITED KINGDOM
      LN6 3QX

The above is their registered offices. If the payment is going through your bank account and you do not recognise it then you can get the bank to treat it as a fraudulent transaction.
      "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
      (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

I would be very grateful for any details on the new legislation. I have twice had my account emptied of its balance and don't seem to be able to do anything about it. What is even more annoying is the fact that I am my mother's appointee and her pension and DLA etc are paid into my account with the result they are taking her money too. My bank have been no help at all.

Comment

See here:
          Continual Payment Authority - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Comment

Originally posted by lemin53 View Post
            I would be very grateful for any details on the new legislation. I have twice had my account emptied of its balance and don't seem to be able to do anything about it.
            thanks and thank you Michael for finding the link - I can never find those!

Lemin - While I know this legislation exists, I do not know of anyone who has actually used it yet. It should work, as it is clearly set down in law, but if you use this, please get an absolute assurance from your bank that the authority has been stopped.

The only other thing you can do to ensure these leeches don't bleed you dry is open another account with an unrelated bank and have your money paid into there. They cannot then get their hands on one penny of your money.

The problem with the RPA is that they can take what they want, when they want. Unlike normal payment authorities it is not linked to your account, so if you change account within the same bank, the RPA remains in force.

If you use the new legislation, please let us know whether it works or not, as I refuse to let people be used as guinea pigs for new legislation unless they are doing so voluntarily. It would be good to hear of it being used successfully.

Comment

There is legislation which prevents social security payments being taken by banks to pay charges etc, I will try and post later about this.

However, as labman has advised, you cna proteect yourself and your mother by using an account somehwere else and getting payments made into that. Sometimes an account with a local building society or credit union is suitable for this.

Comment

Originally posted by SpringerSpaniel View Post
                There is legislation which prevents social security payments being taken by banks to pay charges etc, I will try and post later about this.

However, as labman has advised, you cna proteect yourself and your mother by using an account somehwere else and getting payments made into that. Sometimes an account with a local building society or credit union is suitable for this.
                Springer if you are bringing up Social Security Administration Act or Tax Credits Act then please do not. I've spent the last 3 or 4 YEARS correcting people on that bit of legislation and the fact that charges as defined in the act are NOT bank charges is spite of some misguided councils suggesting otherwise. Financial Hardship, Lending Code section 9 is fine but IF we are going there then stop cos we will waste the OP's time which is better dealing with the situation at hand.
                "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

First and foremost, open the file I'm attaching to this post. It is the OFT Debt Collection Guidelines 2011 edition, which are the most up-to-date. These set out what DCAs and creditors can do and what the OFT consider to be oppressive or unacceptable. From what you have said in your initial post, there is clear evidence of non-compliance with the Guidelines. Certainly, speak to the DWP and Pensions Service about what's happening and see what they suggest. You will almost certainly need to send a letter to whoever is making the telephone calls as their conduct may well have reached the point where their conduct is now illegal. If you could let us know at what frequency you are receiving calls from them, it can be determined whether a warning shot or an Exocet missile needs to be fired at them. As for your bank's attitude, in certain circumstances, once you have warned them about suspect payments in writing and they then continue to allow them to be debited, this can give rise to liability being attached to them, either civil or criminal, depending on the circumstances. Once you let us have more details, it will be easier to advise you.
                  Attached Files
                  Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Hi,

I've had a similar problem with this company 'Business Fish Ltd' you can find the details of this company on Free company financial check on BUSINESS FISH LTD. Free company accounts. Companies House information

If you had no luck with correspondence i would try and contact the company director of Business Fish LTD - Mr.Matthew Wilson.

You can contact him with your query's and complaints, he also has a company called 'Wilson's Web Solutions' although he has made it not possible for people to contact him through the other companies you can contact this company and ask for him.

Tel: 0152 2696 940
                    0844 8700 812

Email: enquiries@wilsite.co.uk

Hope this helps!

Comment

Business fish are based in LONDON
                      suite 18032, Lower Ground floor
                      145-147 St.John Street
                      London UK
                      EC1V 4PW

They trade as Personal Loan finder
                      plfinder.co.uk
                      Company number:07653375
                      P.S. Its the same company as before they have just transferred thier business adress to the above.
                      companies house webcheck service is very good for tracing legitimate companies

also

myloanbroker.co.uk

myloansearch.co.uk

green leaf finance ltd
                      Last edited by Amethyst; 7th June 2015, 22:21:PM.

Comment

I may be wrong but if money is taken from an account by someone unknown to the account holder that once informed the bank has to stop paying out and surely must pay back what has been taken and if they do not once told of the unauthorised debits the police can be called in in anyones book it must be theft if not i can take money from someones account to my hearts content

Comment

Originally posted by johnsnatter View Post
                          Hi,

I've had a similar problem with this company 'Business Fish Ltd' you can find the details of this company on Free company financial check on BUSINESS FISH LTD. Free company accounts. Companies House information

If you had no luck with correspondence i would try and contact the company director of Business Fish LTD - Mr.Matthew Wilson.

You can contact him with your query's and complaints, he also has a company called 'Wilson's Web Solutions' although he has made it not possible for people to contact him through the other companies you can contact this company and ask for him.

Tel: 0152 2696 940
                          0844 8700 812

Email: enquiries@wilsite.co.uk

Hope this helps!
                          Hello Johnsnatter, The man you are looking for is here: https://democratic.lincoln.gov.uk/mg...o.aspx?UID=688 I have been searching for this man for years, he look over £50 from my bank account and out of principle, I've made it my ambition to track him down.

He is now a councillor, but he's the man running BusinessFish Ltd, or was, until I made complaints to the trading standards, Businessfish is nothing now, but Mr Wilson now runs a coffee shop in lincoln.

PS: I drove to the London address, it was a mail forwarding address, which forwarded mail to a place in lincoln, an industrial estate, which then forwarded it to a coffee shop in lincoln city

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X