• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowells/Mucky Hall.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowells/Mucky Hall.

Just received a pleasant surprise from Mucky Hall. I have a debt that is statute barred as of September 2011, Lowells was attempting to deal with it. They sent me a letter about a week before it became S/B, I ignored it. Today I got a letter from Mucky offering me all kinds of settlement offers. Isn't that kind of them?

They end the letter stating they look forward to hearing from me. I'm sure they do!
    Tags: None

Re: Lowells/Mucky Hall.

I got the very same letter this morning! lol

Comment

ROFLMAO
      The new owners clearly haven't changed anything about Mucky's "collection" techniques
      I'm currently waiting for a visit from their paramilitary section, meritforce, on a debt that has been with the FOS for the last 4 years

Comment

Originally posted by Curlyben View Post
        ROFLMAO
        The new owners clearly haven't changed anything about Mucky's "collection" techniques
        I'm currently waiting for a visit from their paramilitary section, meritforce, on a debt that has been with the FOS for the last 4 years
        Meritforce, their paramilitary section?

What a HOOT.
        Last time I encountered one, it was an old grey haired man in a mac...

Comment

Well THEY think that a threat of the doorstep monkeys will make people pay up faster.
          Shame on them really...

Comment

They are truly amazing offers! lol

Option 1 - Pay only 50% - if cleared by the end of the month

Option 2 - Pay only 60% - if cleared by the end of next month and you pay a £25 holding payment.

Option 3 - Pay only 70% - if cleared by the end of next month and you pa a £10 holding payment.

And if I'm not the named person I should contact them to let them know! Yeah right! lol

Comment

Might be worth dropping them a SB letter (as long as you're sure it is!) just to stop the hassle.

Comment

No point in writing to them as it only encourages a reply.

Comment

You must immediately call them, confirm that you are not the person named on the letter and then perhaps offer to pay anyway out of the kindness of your heart. Annoyingly, I paid a debt as a result of a letter like that last year. I now realise of course that I should never have accepted the 50% off. How hard can I kick myself?

Comment

Originally posted by rainydb View Post
                    You must immediately call them, confirm that you are not the person named on the letter and then perhaps offer to pay anyway out of the kindness of your heart.

I hope you mean this part as a joke..
                    Annoyingly, I paid a debt as a result of a letter like that last year. I now realise of course that I should never have accepted the 50% off. How hard can I kick myself?
                    What's your address as I have a demand with your name on it here.
                    I must admit alot of these letters rely on the English trait of not questioning authority, hence the pay first and realise after.
                    As I always say a DCA MUST be put to strict proof of the lawful nature of any debt they claim you owe. If they can't well they might as well whistle Dixie for all the good it will do them..

Comment

Yes the first part was a joke!

Second point about payment, I was scared. I was genuinely in debt and they seemingly offered the chance to lower it a bit. I felt I was in the wrong for not having been able to make decent sized payments and they threatened people at the door etc. I have children and really didn't want them to grow up remembering the people that came to the door to collect money as being normal. These people thrive on people being depressed and feeling helpless to control their situation. This enables them to frighten people that either cannot understand their jargon or trust that their letters are correct. After all, they wouldn't be allowed to be in business if they were not trustworthy right? Sigh.

Comment

Lowells have passed one of mine on to Muck Hall. Now I know Ive won.

Apparently the money I owe them must be lodged by 12 noon in 72hrs time

WTF

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X