• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Offer of the Century!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offer of the Century!

Morning Beagles,

Yesterday I received a letter and I was just about to 'file' it when it occurred to me I should probably share it, its ridiculous, BUT some peeps may get one and think its a late Christmas present.

I've had maybe 2 letters a year and I have never contacted them as it would definitely be SB'd any recent debts are being dealt with.

So yesterdays letter! and the deal they are offering is...

Step One- Make a payment of £1 to this account within the next 30 days and qualify for a 50% reduction.

Step Two- Make an affordable agreement, tailored to your current circumstances, to clear the remaining 50% of your balance over a period of time, with your first payment within the next 60 days

If you are able to clear the balance within 12 months or less, you will be only be required to pay 40% of the balance.

Step Three- Equidebt will close the account, remove your liability from your credit file, and you will not be pursued by us for any monies in relation to this account.

(Small print) The remainder of the balance will be written off upon final receipt of the final payment and you will not have to pay anything more. Please be aware that any entry on your credit file will be shown as settled but with a balance outstanding. You will not be pursued for this amount.

Please call to take advantage of this fantastic opportunity!

I won't be calling.....
    Last edited by Luminol; 17th January 2012, 11:50:AM. Reason: Grammar!
    Luminol x
    Tags: None

Re: Offer of the Century!

They say they will not pursue for the remaining amount, yet will then sell the account onto some other pond life DCA to chance their luck

Comment

Exactly Mr T, its a shame some people may think this is a great offer.
      Luminol x

Comment

Once you pay a DCA - they then alert their chums in the rest of the DCA industry that this individual is a mug and can easily be fleeced.

Comment

Actually Crapquest are doing the same thing
          They sent me a letter offering 50% discount then with the clause at the bottom the remaining balance will stay on your file
          Too right it will my file of Craoquest tosh that gets bigger week by week

Comment

If it appears too good to be true.....:beagle:

Comment

I had the same letter about a barred debt (10 years old) its £800 but if i pay 250 the rest will be written off.. funny enough my shredder REALLY enjoyed eating it!!

Comment

Why not offer to go round to their offices and insert said notices into an orifice at the lowermost point of their alimentary canals? Alimentary, my dear Watson.
                Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

A special offer! I must immediately get into debt again and hope I get this offer too. Honestly, they are just beyond words.

Back when I owed mega money I got letters offering discounts but nothing like this! You could send them an April Fool cheque settling the entire account with an additional 50% for goodwill. Or not.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X