• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Need help with Lowell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with Lowell

Hi Folks

New to this wonderful site, everyone seems so helpful and friendly, more than I can say for Lowells and such like.

Need some help:

Lowell chasing me for a huge debt.

However I have a few letters from a different DCA that was chasing this debt from a few years back stating a completely different balance which is much lower. Have advise Lowells of this and they want me to prove this by sending them copies of the letters, do I have to send them copies. I feel CL Finance and Lowells should do their own dectective work. I am prepared to take copies of these letters if they commence court action which they have threatened.

This account was also unlawfully terminated as default notice did not allow full 14 days.

Lowells also sending me letters from both Lowell Financial and Lowell Portfolio both stating different things in their letters, is this allowed.

Please can spomebody help me with some advice.

Many thanks
    Worried Sick2
    Tags: None

Re: Need help with Lowell

Ignore them all.
    They are all just leaches wanting to increase their profits.
    Report them to the OFT & trading standards if they don't leave you alone.
    They have no legal powers to any money off you.
    Stay off phone to them as well & don't answer security questions if they phone you.

Comment

Hi Folks

New to this wonderful site, everyone seems so helpful and friendly, more than I can say for Lowells and such like.

Need some help:

Lowell chasing me for a huge debt.

However I have a few letters from a different DCA that was chasing this debt from a few years back stating a completely different balance which is much lower. Have advise Lowells of this and they want me to prove this by sending them copies of the letters, do I have to send them copies. I feel CL Finance and Lowells should do their own dectective work. I am prepared to take copies of these letters if they commence court action which they have threatened. No, you don't have to send them copies. They know full well the situation.

This account was also unlawfully terminated as default notice did not allow full 14 days. Very naughty - how much is the huge debt? (The real debt and the debt Lowells are claiming you owe). Do you still have the Default Notice?

Lowells also sending me letters from both Lowell Financial and Lowell Portfolio both stating different things in their letters, is this allowed. It depends what they're stating/

Please can spomebody help me with some advice.

Many thanks
      Worried Sick2

Any problems, please post up.

Comment

Hi mr ton and labman

Many Many thanks for your help and advice it graciously appreciated.

mr ton: I am writting to OFT as we speak to complain about these horrible people.

labman: I wasn't too sure if I needed to send them copies bt as you say I'm sure they know full well the situation.

I still have the default notice, dont want to put figures on here as yet, would it be possible to send you a Private Message with the figures.

Everybody on this forum seems to be so friendly and helpful compared to another forum I had been looking on, you all need to be honoured for the help you give people like myself in dire strait situations.

Thank you once again, I shall keep you all posted on what progresses with this lowlife company.

Many thanks

Comment

Don't worry about the figures - it is just that people's interpretations of huge can vary massively, and what is huge to one person may prove of little relevance to a bank or DCA.

Any debt is huge if you can't pay it back!

What would be useful is for you to explain what action you have taken so far regarding this debt, how old it is, etc...

Read the letters carefully from the DCA's. They often put threats of court action in couched in terms like, "If we do not receive a satisfactory response within 7 days of this letter, we may take further action which could include:

Court proceedings

An application for an attachment of earnings

etc......"

Note may and could, not will! As long as they are like this, you should be fairly safe. It is obvious when they are getting serious. If they are serious, post up again.

The default notice is naughty, but easily remedied on their part, so probably best kept up your sleeve for the minute, in case you need to stall them at any stage in the future.

If you coul post up what's been done so far, it would be really helpful.

Comment

Hi labman

Again, many thanks for your reply.

2007 - Lewis Debt Recovery demands started.

2008 - Was paying Lewis Debt Recovery, for months then all of a sudden I received letters from them stating a completely different amount been owed which was drastically reduced. I paid them a few months then heard nothing from them...until 2011.

2010 - All charges awarded by FOS they were paid to me.

2011 - Assigned to Lowells, now sending demanding letters - have advised them of different account numbers but they say this is due to lost card, which I have already requested CL Finance send me proof of the telephone conversation I was meant to have made about this.

Now Lowells are asking me for copies of the letters with the reduced amount on them , so we/they may be able to come to a amicable solution. According to the letters I have it means I only have a meansly £50 outstanding now.

Sorry Bit higgliy piggily

Worried Sick2
            Last edited by Worried Sick2; 16th January 2012, 23:12:PM. Reason: oops made huge mistake - wrong details

Comment

I'd suggest you send them a CCA request. The loan is obviously old if debt recovery started in 2007. There are a few things which raise question marks in your post (good things, not bad!)

Send off a CCA request enclosing a Postal Order for £1.00 and see what comes back. They have 12+2 working days in which to respond to this (the +2 is to allow for time in the post).

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                I'd suggest you send them a CCA request. The loan is obviously old if debt recovery started in 2007. There are a few things which raise question marks in your post (good things, not bad!)

Send off a CCA request enclosing a Postal Order for £1.00 and see what comes back. They have 12+2 working days in which to respond to this (the +2 is to allow for time in the post).
                Hi labman

Forgot to say I already have a copy of CCA. Will I send for another.

Sorry this part in my last post refers to another account, getting confused with panic.
                2011 - Assigned to Lowells, now sending demanding letters - have advised them of different account numbers but they say this is due to lost card, which I have already requested CL Finance send me proof of the telephone conversation I was meant to have made about this.

I am so grateful for your help.

Comment

Two options. First is to see if they still have one by sending a request. Second is remove all personal details from the one you have, and post it up for us to see. If pre 2007, it may not be enforceable. This would explain the early offer of a big discount. I'd do one of those, entirely up to you.

Comment

Lowells are one of the rediculous DCA's this country has ever seen.
                    They consist of Lowell,Lowell financial,Lowell Portfollio 1, Red, Hampton Legal (and another one i think that i cant recall the name of?)
                    They pass debts amongst each other like pass the parcel, to make it seem like it somehow escalates in terms of seriousness.
                    All just different desks on the same floor of Apex House in Leeds.

Comment

Hi labman and mr ton,

I shall try and get the CCA posted up here asap. Prob tomorrow sometime, once I look it out. This agreement was taking out way back 2003.

labman: the DCA letter never stated a discount or anything like that, I was paying a DCA and one day they sent me a letter because I missed a payment and the letter stated a much lower amount that was due. Then after that another 4 letters came with the same low balance. - Nothing was ever mentioned about a discount.

Comment

It will be very interesting to see the original agreement. :beagle:

Comment

Heres a copy of the original CCA....hope this works

CCA Copy
                          Last edited by Worried Sick2; 18th January 2012, 11:35:AM. Reason: oops left some info on....

Comment

I note you had account cover on this. Is this similar to PPI?

Comment

Originally posted by shell View Post
                              I note you had account cover on this. Is this similar to PPI?
                              It is the same, but I cancelled this within the first 3 months.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X