• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowells CCA request

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowells CCA request

Recently, a Barclaycard account of mine has been sold to Lowells. When I requested a CCA from BC all I received was copies of T&Cs. I sent a CCA request to Lowells and they have sent back a copy of an application form. Is this sufficient to satisfy a CCA request and would it be enforceable if they took me to court?
    I may also have issues with the DN which was sent to me by BC and didn't provide enough days to rectify. By selling to Lowells, has the account with BC been terminated and if so, does this mean that a corrected DN cannot now be issued to me?

Thanks
    DB
    Tags: None

Re: Lowells CCA request

Originally posted by David Brent View Post
    Recently, a Barclaycard account of mine has been sold to Lowells. When I requested a CCA from BC all I received was copies of T&Cs. I sent a CCA request to Lowells and they have sent back a copy of an application form. Is this sufficient to satisfy a CCA request and would it be enforceable if they took me to court?
    I may also have issues with the DN which was sent to me by BC and didn't provide enough days to rectify. By selling to Lowells, has the account with BC been terminated and if so, does this mean that a corrected DN cannot now be issued to me?

Thanks
    DB
    Yes an application form is insufficient in terms of enforceability. Its the agreement that is needed and the T&Cs of what you agreed to sign upto at the time. Its a big bad ball park, they can send you a re constructed agreement that will satisfy a CCA request, but they would still need to produce the original contract you signed if it went to court.

Comment

As a general rule yes, but there ahave been exceptions where a reconstituted agreement has been accepted by the court.

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
        As a general rule yes, but there ahave been exceptions where a reconstituted agreement has been accepted by the court.
        could you list the cases labman so i can have a read into them? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
          Hi thought that was only when the debtor started court proceedings not the OC

Comment

Originally posted by winner12 View Post
            Hi thought that was only when the debtor started court proceedings not the OC
            it is yes, its not looked on favourably by the judge if the debtor takes the creditor to court it all relies on burden of proof. Which is why its always best to let the creditor take you to court, not the other way round if your purely relying on a suspected invalid/no CCA.

I think that CAREY v HSBC was ruled this way to stop the influx of debtors taking creditors to court over CCA's, because they know that a creditors rarely take court action without a valid CCA and thus minimises the amount of cases going through the court on the matter.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X