• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

fredrickson international

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fredrickson international

hi
    a company called fredrickson international have been sending letters to my house saying that my son owes money. i have told them he not live her and they keep ringing all the time too. they have also contacted my son we do not know of the debt which must be 5 years old at least? what is worrying is they have found his new address and his mobile phone number. he has changed his name for family reasons too so who are these peopl how did they get hold of all this information and are they legit. how did they get hold of him now his name change , how did they get hold of his new mobile number. can they do this?? what about consumer confedentiality, who gave them this information ??? he is worried other people could get same information and use their identity. any advise welcome xx
    nannieali
    Tags: None

Re: fredrickson international

Hi,
    Frederickson International are a legitimate debt collection agency. You say you don't know about the debt, but then say it must be at least five years old. Does he owe money from a while ago or have they made a mistake? If he does owe money, who does he owe it to?

Don't worry about other people getting the information from Fredericksons, this is unlikely.

If you can answer the questions above, we can start helping you to sort this out.

Comment

hi did have debts when he younger but we helped him sort it all out and repayed over a period of time , which is why we dont know where this came from. we kept receipts to all upto about 6 months ago then got rid . dont remember any for this company which is y we suspicious of where it has come from.

Comment

Send them a "Prove it" letter. There's one in the link in Curlyben's signature. Basically it says "I have no knowledge of this debt, prove that I owe it or sod off". Send it recorded delivery then see what they come up with, then take it from there. The original debt won't be to Fred, Fred is a DCA who will be attempting to collect it on behalf of the original creditor, which is why you don't recognise the name.
        Is no longer here

Comment

thanks
          it wasnt fredrickson we didnt recognise luv it was the company saying he owed money to . thanks for yr help x

Comment

I'd still send them a Prove It letter Dealing with DCA's - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum Post 4.

They must be able to prove you owe this money before you consider repaying anything!

Comment

Originally posted by nannieali View Post
              thanks
              it wasnt fredrickson we didnt recognise luv it was the company saying he owed money to . thanks for yr help x

As WendyB says
              Send them a "Prove it" letter.

Comment

Originally posted by WendyB View Post
                Send them a "Prove it" letter.
                I agree. Just to give you a choice (and to shove my two penn'orth in !!!) - I have used this one for a number of DCA's including dear old Fred, and I have YET to see a 'Notice of Assignation' or 'Letter of Assignment.' I did ONCE get a reply confirming that the necessary documentation would be produced within 28 days - but that was a HELLUVA lot longer than 28 days ago !!!

HTH
                I acknowledge receipt of your recent letters, demanding money and threatening me with litigation.

If I am to treat your demand with any seriousness at all, then I must insist that you arrange for the Original Creditor - allegedly and presumably XXXXXX - to DIRECTLY provide me with FULL details of this alleged debt, along with a proper Notice of Assignation of the same to yourselves.

If you are indeed a legitimate DCA, then I am sure that you will be aware that this is not just a matter of common courtesy - but is a legal requirement. Until such time as you can supply clear proof that this alleged debt exists and is lawfully enforceable, AND that you have been lawfully and properly authorised to pursue it, then I would politely – but firmly - suggest that you refrain from threatening me with litigation.

Should you attempt to pursue this matter through the courts, then please be aware that the court will require certain pre-action protocols to be observed. This includes viewing the conduct of all parties in this matter prior to the claim being submitted. I am not sure that the court would view the conduct of your client or yourselves thus far in a very favourable light.

As things stand, I have no indication of what this sum of money is for, nor whether you have any authority to request it from me. I am sure, therefore, that you will see that the only sensible action I can take is to treat your claim as fraudulent, which – incidentally – is why your original letter was treated with the contempt it appeared to deserve, and was simply ignored.

I appreciate that you may well be doing a difficult job with the sincerest of intentions. However, I must ask you to similarly appreciate that there are a great many fraudulent operations in the field of Debt Recovery, and that I must - with all due respect - assume that your demand is fraudulent. Therefore, unless and until you can provide the lawfully-required documentation to support your claim WITHIN 14 DAYS of the date of this letter, it will be deemed by default that you have confirmed your abandonment of this pursuit.

I am sorry to have to take this stance with you, but I have been defrauded before, and am so much the wiser for that. Please be advised that further unlawful attempts to obtain money from me will be referred to the Police as fraudulent.

Yours with reciprocal respect

Comment

That's far too nice Bill
                  I was thinking something more along the lines of

Dear Fred

I am in receipt of your letter dated

I do not acknowledge any debt to yourselves or xxx, therefore will not be paying any monies to yourselves regarding this alleged debt until you have provided me with proof that this debt actually exisits. I require a complete breakdown of how the alleged debt is made up, including statements, default notices and a copy of the Notice of Assignment to yourselves.

If I do not hear from you within 14 days I will consider this matter closed and no further correspondence will be entered into.
                  Is no longer here

Comment

Also Bill, sadly, believe it or not, under the 'new' EU legislation, they no longer have to provide any notice of assignment. :tinysmile_cry_t:

Comment

Originally posted by Caspar View Post
                      Also Bill, sadly, believe it or not, under the 'new' EU legislation, they no longer have to provide any notice of assignment. :tinysmile_cry_t:

WTF

I missed that little gem. I rely on S136 of the law of property Act 1925 in my dealings with all shysters because they NEVER serve the Notice of Assignment in accordance with the legislation i.e. by recorded delivery. They still rely on photoshpped notepaper purportedly from the original creditor with a dodgy scrawl for a signature yet with the same barcodes and matrixes as the welcome to Crapquest letter

Comment

Originally posted by WendyB View Post
                        That's far too nice Bill
                        I agree that there's much to be said for keeping it simple, but I've found that the long-winded waffle approach has worked for me over the years. Perhaps it's because the poor monosyllabic monkeys at the DCA's just can't deal with someone who not only appears to have verbal diarrhoea, but appears to know his $h1t !!! To each his own, I guess.

Further to Caspar and ODC's comments, it may be true that the 'Letter of Assignation' is not strictly a legal requirement, but I am still damned sure that there is no way that any court would support an unsubstantiated demand for money from ANY person or persons. If the OC does not confirm to the alleged debtor that the debt has been sold or re-assigned, then there is no obligation for the alleged debtor to respond. Otherwise, we could have the insane situation where a bloke like me could chase guys in here under the name of "Bill-Pay International" - and get the support of the courts. No way, compadré !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Caspar View Post
                          any chance of a link to that directive

many thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X