• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mackenzie Hall - Pleased to announce not over statute of limitations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mackenzie Hall - Pleased to announce not over statute of limitations

Hi,

I received a letter a few weeks ago from Muck Hall (ignored it) asking if i could contact them.

Received another one today stating that i owe them £136 from Carphone Warehouse and to contact to arrange payment or they would refer it further.

Called them (mistake I know) to find out dates etc, and without mentioning statute of limitations myself the guy on the phone (Lee) stated that due to the account defaulting in June 2006 it was not over the statute (quite pleased about it he sounded too).

I simply stated i did not remember having the phone, he read the number which i did not recognise, and simply stated that if i did not pay some money now he would refer it to 'the next level' but couldn't tell me what that was at this point.

I know i probably said too much by telling them who i was? But if anyone can give me some advice please on the next step going forwards it would be much appreciated?

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Mackenzie Hall - Pleased to announce not over statute of limitations

Muck hall are known for chasing statute barred debts.

Its not enough for them to say the account was defaulted less than 6 years ago. The 6 years start from the last acknowledgement or payment of the debt, irrespective of any default date.

Its good to see that you handled the call correctly - when he read you the number he was actually trying to get you to confirm the debt is yours. It wouldnt be unknown for muck hall to ring people with the same name as a debtor to try and get money (so perhaps this account is just someone with the same name as you that they are trying to 'pin' onto you)

My advice is dont speak to them on the phone any more, ask them to keep everything in writing.
    Advice given is offered as personal opinion only. I always recommend you seek professional legal advice.

Negative, I am a meat popsicle

Comment

Ignore them.

Comment

Shows how dangerous it can be to call DCAs.

Comment

Hi Jimbo999

If they write to you again about this then reply to them with a SAR to find out what they have, also if they call you again only tell them that you will only communicate in writing then hang up the phone

hope this helps for now

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X