• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

help welcome fianace

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help welcome fianace

hi please help welcome fiancea is a company who i had a car loan with i stopped paying the loan due to ill health since then i understand the company went bust
    well i not paid fpor nearly two years never had any letters or anything from them i done a credit check and it came back that my account was settleted also a hpi check stating there was no fianacnce on thew car
    i just recieved a call say the loan had been sold on and i owe money but how can this be if credit checks are saying its settled
    also im self employed and was sold ppi

this new company also claimed to have spoken to me last month ive not spoken to anyone for over 3 years nearly in conection with this please advise me on this any one
    cheers chipy
    Tags: None

Re: help welcome fianace

Has it been passed to Raven or MKRR? That's exactly what happened to mine. It was sold so showed as settled on credit reports, then eventually (ages later) the DCA who'd bought it finally reared their head. Rest assured it will reappear and Cattles who own Welcome are very much trading still, though many thought they had also gone bust, unless it has happened pretty recently.

Comment

so my existing loan is still live
      even after 4 years is it doormant?

Comment

Mine went just over 5 years. sadly unless it goes 6 years without payment or being acknowledged (5 in Scotland) it is still very much alive and collectable.

I would do as CurlyBen suggests and totally ignore this first letter, then if they send another one send off a Prove It letter to them. If you look under general debt you'll find a superb write up by him of how to deal with DCA's.

Comment

the original loan had ppi i mentioned that too the new company who told me that was with welcome not them

Comment

You should be able to reclaim the ppi whatever they say.

Comment

Thanks for advice

Comment

How much did you owe welcome, how much was the PPI, was there any other insurances you were paying.
                If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X