• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

calders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• calders

Hi everyone, I'm wondering if anyone can help me decide what to do.This morning I received a postcard in an envelope from calders,which states
    "we have tried to contact you (???) and can now confirm we will be visiting your home address on 28.03.2011 beteween 8am and 9pm"

that's it ,no numbers or names or details,should I look up their address and reply,ignore or worry about it until then?
    thankyou in advance x
    Tags: None

Re: calders

Hi there

I have not heard of them before, but was it actually addressed to you?

Or maybe posted to you by accident perhaps.

Maybe someone have heard of them and post up, but meanwhile I will check out some websites of that name.

------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
    I only googled in Calders and came across all this below.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourc...18b44ba6905cef
    Last edited by di30; 16th March 2011, 15:40:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Google Calders Debt and you will find some more info about them.

Comment

Thankyou for your reply, I too googled them,the envelope had my name and address on it but the postcard was blank other than what I posted.
        It actually says calders financial not just calders sorry|

Comment

They are not allowed to turn up at your house without making an appointment.

Send them this tomorrow.

threats - template letter - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum Suitably adapt it for your situation

OR

Dear XXX

In a direct response to your recent activities / letter, dated xx xxx xxxx, received at this address on xx xxx xxxx. [Delete whichever is not applicable]

I DO NOT WISH TO RECEIVE ANY REPRESENTATIVE OF YOUR ORGANISATION, OR INDEED AN AGENT OR REPRESENTATIVE EMPLOYED BY ANY ORGANISATION THAT YOU ISSUE INSTRUCTIONS TO.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.)

THEREFORE TAKE NOTE THAT I REVOKE LICENSE UNDER COMMON LAW FOR YOU, OR YOUR REPRESENTATIVES TO VISIT ME AT MY PROPERTY AND IF YOU DO SO, THEN YOU WILL BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES FOR A TORT OF TRESSPASS AND ACTION WILL BE TAKEN, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO , POLICE ATTENDANCE.

I also caution you here that should you ignore my request on this point, the actions of your representative(s) will happily be recordedeither by CCTV or by telephone recording equipment – whichever is applicable. Accordingly I reserve the right to use any evidence of you or your representatives’ ignoring this request in connection with any actions that I choose to pursue, including media exposure.

Should it be your intention to disregard my wishes, and break your obligations, please be advised that the following rules also apply, as laid down by the OFT in respect of debt collection, and that you, as a holder of a consumer credit license, are obliged to follow:

The areas of the OFT guidance which applies to you in this instance are:

Debt collection visits
          2.12 Examples of unfair practices are:

a. not making the purpose of any proposed visit clear, for example, merely stating that collectors or field agents will call is not sufficient

f. visiting or threatening to visit debtors without prior agreement when the debt is deadlocked or disputed

Deceptive and/or unfair methods
          2.8 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

k. not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt.

I do believe this makes my position clear and unambiguous.
          Last edited by Delboy01; 24th March 2011, 17:34:PM.

Comment

Looks like they are a debt collection agency then.

I believe that is correct what Delboy01 says, they cannot just turn up without an appointment.

Comment

Calders Financial are part of the collections section of Barclaycard. They are a wholly owned subsidiary of Barclays Bank plc. They are normally the second level of thuggery of this particular coven. The first level is Mercers who having got fed up with you not coming to heel at their bidding , then pass your account across the gangway between desks to "Calders" and it all starts again. They do not normally do any business outside the Barclays group.

Do you have disputes with Barclaycard or have they made yet another "cock-up"?

regards
              Garlok

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X