• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can I Hold these people off?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can I Hold these people off?

When did you make the application for credit, dont like cabot?

And, to which Bank?

Was there any PPI Involved; did you take out their Payment Protection Insurance?

Comment

With the credit card you took out.. cabot have bought the account so they can pursue still however if you are in dispute they can not carry on until it is resolved.. Send cabot a letter saying until you get what you want from the bank nothing is happening and then wait and see how quickly you get it!
      After that make a complaint to the bank saying it caused distress ec etc you get the picture then if they dont reply go to the fos!

Comment

Sorry lifeisagift but do you genuinely believe that? In particular about Cabot? On another forum there is well documented evidence of overwhelming proportions against Cabot and its appalling behaviour, lies deceit et al. There was even a Cabot Fan Club formed and that makes very interesting reading indeed. Ask "Andrew" on this forum about Cabot and their methods.

Also Wendy, perhaps it should also be remembered amongst all the moralising that most customer consumers are decent honest people who have been treated appallingly at their time of most need by AMORAL greedy financial institutions flouting the law of the land on too many counts to be listed here.

It should also be remembered what Francis Bennion QC said (framer and author of the Act itself) in the simplest of terms that it is right and proper for a creditor to forfeit all rights and benefits when he has not complied with the obligations that Statute Law has placed upon him. That is also in complete agreement with established Common Law rights in the complex area of contract, also a principle that is alluded to in most case law on Full & Final settlements which many babble about on here. Further reference may be made to Professor Goode on the subject.

regards
        Garlok

Comment

I believe that the on the one hand yes Cabots methods are wrong but dont forget it can take 100 good calls or dealings to make a rep and 1 bad one to knock it down. My point is is that there are some people who just want to beat the system and mis-understand the point of this forum!

Comment

Originally posted by lifeisagift017 View Post
            I believe that the on the one hand yes Cabots methods are wrong but dont forget it can take 100 good calls or dealings to make a rep and 1 bad one to knock it down. My point is is that there are some people who just want to beat the system and mis-understand the point of this forum!
            True to a point, but we will not assist people that are simply out to "beat the system"
            Their are debts to pay, but only what is affordable and to the lawful parties, not a company that cannot show it has the legal rights to demand payment.

After all would you make a payment to someone just because they said it was owed to them ?!

Comment

Originally posted by Garlok View Post

Also Wendy, perhaps it should also be remembered amongst all the moralising that most customer consumers are decent honest people who have been treated appallingly at their time of most need by AMORAL greedy financial institutions flouting the law of the land on too many counts to be listed here.

It should also be remembered what Francis Bennion QC said (framer and author of the Act itself) in the simplest of terms that it is right and proper for a creditor to forfeit all rights and benefits when he has not complied with the obligations that Statute Law has placed upon him. That is also in complete agreement with established Common Law rights in the complex area of contract, also a principle that is alluded to in most case law on Full & Final settlements which many babble about on here. Further reference may be made to Professor Goode on the subject.

regards
              Garlok
              I don't dispute that at all, and I'm not moralising. But how many people have we seen over here that were perfectly happily paying their way, until they were advised to send a CCA request, then stopped paying, then ended up in Court, up the creek without a paddle, with CCJs, mega costs and in a far worse position than they were in the first place?

That is what I mean when I say it shouldn't be used as a get out of jail free card.

Originally posted by Curlyben View Post
              True to a point, but we will not assist people that are simply out to "beat the system"
              Their are debts to pay, but only what is affordable and to the lawful parties, not a company that cannot show it has the legal rights to demand payment.

After all would you make a payment to someone just because they said it was owed to them ?!
              I agree wholeheartedly Curly.
              Is no longer here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X