• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Moorcrodt & Santander

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moorcrodt & Santander

Another settelement offer

This is a Bank Account Overdraft

Debt is 2105.00

Bank Charges 785.00 (tried to get back....all the usually letters).

Agreed Settlement of 1200.00..

Moorcroft say..Santander...will mark CRAs as satisfied partial settlement and acccount closed.....However letter does not state that.

Any advice.....is it ok to settle on the letter below....

Oops if I sound thick....just need to be sure I am doing the right thing.....

Not my debt.....helping a friend as you all helped me...xx
    :beagle:My debt help and support thread
    Tags: None

Re: Moorcrodt & Santander

Personally I wouldn't touch that with a barge pole.

It does not state the remainder of the debt will be written off, so leaves it open to be sold to other DCA's to pursue.

It mentions nothing about marking your CRF as satisfied.

You definitely need all this in writing before you do anything. The settlement figure looks fair, but I would phone (no harm at this stage in phoning) and speak to someone explaining the extra bits you need in order to proceed.

Comment

Thanks for the advice.....had it confirmed the rest would be written off....

All done......thanks for your reply
      :beagle:My debt help and support thread

Comment

Originally posted by Lowry123 View Post
        Thanks for the advice.....had it confirmed the rest would be written off....

All done......thanks for your reply
        Lowry

Is this confirmed in writing? They will say what they like over the phone.

Personally if I didn't have this confirmed in writing I wouldn't proceed.

Crispy

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X