• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

hillesden securities

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hillesden securities

Hillesden Securities Ltd formerly Capital Bank Leasing have contacted me by letter letting me know they have taken over the debt owing by me from BPO collections.
    I told them I had'nt been told by BPO that it was being passed onto someone else, and they confirmed it had, they have written to arrange payment of the debt to themselves, am i wrong to arrange a payment plan with them, as i had been paying BPO anyway ?
    Tags: None

hillesden securities

Thanx CurlyBen
    I wrote and requested 'Proof of debt assignment' its taken just over 3 months, i today have received the glorious threat of solicitors/legal action action/debt collector to visit and collect letter.
    I resisted wasting my call charges to call 'immediately', i thought let me run this by u first,
    Now as i do genuinely owe the debt, and now have proof of assignment shall i pay them the minimum i can monthly, surely i can't pay them ?
    Appreciate comments responses, i have apparently until the end of the week 28th jan to pay/contact them.....:baby:

Comment

Re: hillesden securities

Have Hillesdens actually responded in a meaningful manner to your Prove It, or simple sent this Threat-O-Gram ??

Bear in mind, while there is a debt to pay it is important that payments go to the correct party, ie the OC..

Comment

MJ,
        As I said in my pm reply this sounds like a threatogram rather than a Notice of Assignment. I honestly don't think this is anywhere near going to court from what you say - I don't even think it's a proper Notice of Assignment.

Did you do as I suggested and go back and read it carefully to find out which it is. If you have, let us know.

DCA's send these out just to scare you into paying. Do not rush into paying a penny - as CB said above, you may end up paying the wrong person.

Comment

thanx for the replies, yes its a threat-ogram which i saw str8 off, wot hillesden did was to ask the bank of scotland to write and confirm assignment to me, which they have done. i have no formal Notice of assignment as such from hillesden.
          they sent me a copy of the original hire agreement with the bank first so i told them on email thats not wot i requested....blah blah !!!
          all i want to be sure of is that any replayment is goin to the right ppl even tho i of course wud rather shaft them and pay zilch!! but it is money owed so i can respect that.

Comment

MJ,

Sorry to be nosy, but what are your personal circumstances. Can you afford to pay this debt? Are you paying all priority debts? A bit more info would be useful.

Comment

Originally posted by Caspar View Post
              MJ,

Sorry to be nosy, but what are your personal circumstances. Can you afford to pay this debt? Are you paying all priority debts? A bit more info would be useful.
              No probs ur not bein nosey !! and apologies i never replied sooner as i didnt get a notification this had been posted.
              The debt is actually my son's, but it is in my name, to hillesden he is on JSA, proof had been sent in previously, so the agreed repayment was for 20 quid a month. Obviously as its in my name and address everything comes to me, but i have told them i am a carer and do not work so they can't get anymore off me either.
              My main issue is that this is a genuine debt to RBS bank initially, they've passed it on to BPO at first then it got reassigned to Hillesden, the bank themselves confirmed assignment, but its not a Notice merely a letter confirming they did.
              So do i start repayments or still wait.?:tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Comment

I would want to know who owns the debt before I paid another penny. Did RBS sell it or is Hillesden just collecting on behalf of RBS? If Hillesden did buy it then I would pay them £1 a month and tell them that is all they are getting.

Comment

thanx for that, aquid sounds gd to me !!! i havent heard any more from hillesden since their last 'threatogram'.

wen i do i'll ask just that...

cheerz me dear.

Comment

You could always just start making payments to the OC direct.
                    Is no longer here

Comment

One quick question will solve the problem.
                      Ask, Hillesden:
                      Are you "the Creditor"?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X