• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Link Financial

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link Financial

Please Help! I have received a letter from Link Financial that reads, Link Financial Ltd hereby give you notice or intimation that effective from 25th November 2010 First National (GE Money) assigned to us the benefit of the debt that you owe to them under the agreement with reference number set out above (your debt) We have a appointedLINK Financial OUtsourcing Ltd (Link) to administer and recover you debt on our behalf.

What kind of assignment is this please?
    Tags: None

Re: Link Financial

Sounds like, an equitable assignment.

Comment

Could you explain what that means for me please? Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by DottieS View Post
        Could you explain what that means for me please? Thank you
        http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/freedom...rt4/part_4.htm:fireside:

Comment

Blimey, Im even more terrified! Does this mean that the debt now owned by Link Financial they will make me a bankrupt? I was hoping that I would at least have an opportunity to offer payment through an instalment payment plan, there is no way I can produce 10K in full settlement. The guy on the phone hinted that unless I can find the money in the next couple of weeks then proceedings will be taken against me, I would rather a ccj and an opportunity to clear the debt without losing my home but its not sounding like thats possible now is it?

Comment

I posted up the link to the Insolvency service as it gives much information about, assignment of debt.

It could have been on the Gas Board website;
            any site come to that LOL!

Comment

Think I saw the word bankrupt and was unable to read it properly! lol

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X