• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CapQuest chasing an old A&L account

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CapQuest chasing an old A&L account

Once again I am acting for another party who has just received a hello letter from Capquest, this is in relation to an old Alliance & Leicester credit card that was taken over by MBNA in 2002:

"Debt Purchased from MBNA Bank Limited
    Account number XXXXX has been sold to Capquest Investments Limited who have appointed CapQuest Debt Recovery Limited as one of their group companies to manage your account in all matters relating to collection and litigation.

This matter will not go away;
    pay up or else...

If you do not make contact in the next 14 days your account will be passed to our solicitors H L Legal."

No contact for years and now this rabble are going to chance their arm!?

A very odd communication from Capquest, they must be doing a mass xmas mailing.
    Tags: None

Re: CapQuest chasing an old A&L account

CapQuest seem to be skimming the bottom more and more these days don't they.

Those munters at HL Legal who call themselves lawyers. lmao. I hope it is SB and that you get to correspond with them.

I kinda miss my poison pen correspondence with CrappyQuest and HEL Legal.

Comment

When was the last payment made, if more than 6 years ago it would be statute Barred?

If so let them know with a Curly letter.:27:

Comment

Bottom scrapers indeed, Debt Star

And, as for HL Legal: my view is unprintable...

If, CapQuest have just bought the alleged debt, where has it been all this time?
        In the securitization debt limbo pool?

Anyhow, I will fire off;
        Prove it letter;
        S78 CCA Request and;
        a SAR to the darlings who dwell in the MBNA compliance department: lots of charges will be claimed back, if necessary.

Will it be worth CapQuest's while entering into litigation for the paltry alleged outstanding balance.

Well, they will try but there are many hurdles to be overcome before that point.
        ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
        Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
        When was the last payment made, if more than 6 years ago it would be statute Barred?

If so let them know with a Curly letter.:27:
        Same old story Mike, just coming up to being SB.

So, they will have to come up with the original executed agreement plus the inception T&C's: 1983 Regs apply.:2w32gd1:
        Last edited by Angry Cat; 9th December 2010, 15:18:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Tutt, Tutt, Tutt!

Looks like Capquest are somewhat naughty: unfair commercial practices...

http://www.freewebs.com/tangohain/index.html

There's plenty about them on Grumbletext, Money Saving Expert and CAG.

Comment

CapQuest give up real easy You'll soon see 'em orf.

Comment

Interesting to learn, that their claim to fame is the pursuance of dead debt...dry old bones that are tossed to them by the slime higher up in the cesspit.

And, their field agent is, Scotcall!

Comment

Well I knew the "Quest" bit had to stand for something. Quest for the Holy Grail of all DCAs - dead debt - perhaps?

Of course "Quest" is a bit of a misnomer. Gives them an almost esoteric status. They should be called CapPursuit or possibly CapHoundThemToDeath? CapDistressed?

My preferred name for them is TwatQuest

Comment

LOL, Debt Star!

What about the on-line H L Legal, letter before action;
                  cheap at 75p.
                  http://www.hllclba.co.uk/
                  Last edited by Angry Cat; 9th December 2010, 17:13:PM. Reason: forgot the link

Comment

HL Legal, while being actual solicitors, have less clout then our old "friends" Hamton (IL)legal

I've filled numerous complaints with the SRA about this shower..

They can certainly be filed along with others of their elk..

Makes me think about another group of people whose professional services are paid for and used in dubious activities
                    Least THEY offer some enjoyment in the process..

Comment

Yes, am actually considering ignoring the phishing letter; file under ignore.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
                        Yes, am actually considering ignoring the phishing letter; file under ignore.
                        Nah. Have some fun with them!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X