• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DCA Collecting for DCAs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCA Collecting for DCAs

OK following on from my DWP-IQOR-Fedricksons, Bryan Carter thread, one thing came up that has me a lillte stumped.

Creditor uses DCA A to collect, DCA A gets DCA B to do the work, DCA B's solicitors then threaten court action, but apparently they are not legally allowed to do this.

Confused???

Tim
    Tags: None

Re: DCA Collecting for DCAs

In all honesty, any DCA making demands for yet another DCA can freely be ignored.
    Until DCA A proves positively that they are the lawful owners of a debt it doesn't matter what DCA B has to say.

Also, if you put some logic behind all of this, why would DCA A engage another DCA as they would also want a "cut of the action".

Yes there are alot of multiple named DCA's, like Lowell and AK and there are some that operate in a loose collective agreement, but come on..

Comment

Re: DCA Collecting for DCAs

Its kinda like increasingly deeper or lower levels of bottom feeder I guess.

They all want a piece of the profit to be made on other peoples' misfortunes and, because some of 'em are told to fox trot, I guess they ask their even more seedy mates to have a go instead.

I tend to think of DCAs as carion, with vultures at the top of the scavenger food chain and maggots at the bottom.

The examples you gave above are on the maggot strata.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X