• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• debt

hi all i am looking for some advice please .my son has received a phone from a DCA about a debt from a catauloge company that is not his . he diid not even live at the address at the time . is there any way that it can be proven that it is not his . also i have been reading a lot about the DCA dealing with it and they sound like a dreadful lot that use bullying tactics to get money from people
    any help would be gladly received thanks
    Tags: None

Re: debt

Anything else so far or just this phone call ?

Time to read the first link in my siggie, about dealing with DCA's.

Comment

hi no nothing yet just phone call to my sons work place . they left a mobile no for my son to call back which he did spoke to guy called steve who told him the company name and a bit about the debt . then said he has to pay or go to court.
      thanks

Comment

Sounds about right.
        Well until they WRITE with details of this "debt" so it can be investigated there is NOTHING further to say to them.

As and when they call again simply state that you do NOT discuss financial matters over the phone and require everything in writing for the avoidance of doubt.

Comment

Please tell him not to call or to accept a call from them again, everything in writing, always best in these situations. Please read the link in Curlybens post it will help you understand what they can and can not do.
          Enaid x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X