• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help with T mobile contract please.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with T mobile contract please.

Hi guys,

Early this year i took out a tmobile business line, happy with that.
    19/8/10 i took out a broadband dongle due to issues with BT (another story).
    I made my official (over the phone ) complaint on 30/9/10.

In the first 4-5 weeks the dongle had little or no reception, and varied in usability. Some days good somedays lots of page load errors. Ive had a lady called Sue dealing with this over the phone untill today she says 'sorry contract stands'

During our calls she had admitted im living in a 50-70% black spot and as such should expect little to no service.

I feel i should have been advised of this on agreeing the contract.

Is there anything i can say or do to get out of the contract but keep my business line? Ive asked for a pac code for my line but they say it will automaticly generate a termination fee and will not be released untill paid.

I would be prepared to take the dongle contract for the remainder of the term if it was upgraded to a line with handset if it came to that, but not for sole internet use.

Thanks in advance,
    Tommy

Re: Help with T mobile contract please.

Update:
    I am able to do a 'non like for like' swap to new handset and same or higher priceplan but not the iphone4 , which looks like the best phone for me as my iphone broke recently, so still after any legal help or suggestions. Complaint now put in via email.

Comment

Your main problem here is that no matter what phone you've got or computer you have, if there's no reception for the Dongle to pick up you're not going to get internet access - simple as!

Unfortunately ignorance of coverage is not an excuse as the information is readily available on the internet and you could have asked them to check when you bought the Dongle. If you have other products with T Mobile as it sounds, I'd be tempted to go down the I'm a good customer and really don't want to take my business elsewhere, but..... See what they say. I used exactly this tactic with 3 mobile recently for the same reason as yours nd they let me out of my contract.

Comment

Hi casper, Ive had a result doing just that. Also i discovered that each sales rep has a coverage guide on screen when they input the postcode, so based on that i argued i was miss sold. Together with the long winded complaint going know where, and also suggesting ill seek legal advice and terminate both contracts if i have to, heres my response, which i might add, im very happy with the way this guy dealt with it:

Good morning Tommy

Thank you for speaking to me today regarding your mobile broadband line.
        As discussed, please find below, confirmation of our conversation.
        We have agreed to allow the return of your broadband dongle. Once this is returned, your line will be taken out of contract. There are options available to you from this point.
        We can offer you an upgrade to an iphone 4 subject to connecting to an elegable price plan. The cost of the phone will be dependant on the plan you connect to, which we have discussed.
        You also have the option to upgrade to a different model of phone which would make your choice of plan less restricted.
        The alternative is that we can close your line without any early termination charge.
        I hope that this is sufficient confirmation but please feel free to contact me should you have any further questions. I am available between the hours of 8am and 6pm, Monday to Thursday.
        Kind Regards

Brian
        Complaint Investigations
        T-Mobile

Comment

Brilliant result! Thanks for the update.

When you buy another dongle look up coverage yourself on the internet first - just google something like mobile coverage or mobile internet coverage and you should see sites come up.

Really pleased for you that you got a positive result though!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X