• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Creditors driving me crazy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Creditors driving me crazy

Further to everyones' brilliant replies and advice very much appreciated.

The PBS looks superb and I will use it and send to my creditors. Tnx

I send everything by recorded delivery. I check (Post Office Track and Trace site) the dates that each item has been delivered and then a few days later I check that the Postal Orders I used (per individual creditor) has been 'encashed' and on what date the creditor encashed it (CONTACT FOR THIS (free) SERVICE=01246-542091)

I don't answer any calls unless I recognise the number. If I am not sure who it is I use the call log to get details and Google the number!! Works a treat and reduces stress!!

Student Loan - only got one more £10.00 to pay. The loan is deferred but they added lots of charges - Requested (letter) removal of charges but no joy.

Here is some info:

BALANCES

Bank Loan £5894.00
    Barclaycard £3357.49
    Capital One CC £2639.08
    Virgin CC £4232.90
    Alliance&Leics £4584.90
    Student Loan £1515.11
    Council Tax Payment £120.00
    TOTAL = £19704.40

I don't have PPI - I did have it with Virgin CC and when I needed to use it ( The first time I was made redundant) they were very awkward and obstructive. At that time I couldn't deal with the extra hassle as our employers went bust on the day we were due to be paid so I spent a frantic month pulling money in etc just in order to survive.

NatWest not being paid by Postal Order - they are allowing me to pay by DD

CCCS - some friends also said that they advise Bankrupcy too quickly

I would especially appreciate any advice at all on the All&Leics/Rockwell issue
    Thank you

Comment

Hi Pos
      As I said in another of your posts rockwell are bullies and will get away with whatever you let them.
      I beat them and so can you. I`m a new member here But I can see a lot of very wise heads and support (Wish i`d found here sooner).
      I found the best way was to NEVER discuss anything on the phone with these people, never answer any "security" questions and dont give what you cant afford.
      This is your life and situation and you are far more important than these leeches
      They will threaten and cajole but at the end of the day if they ever were silly enough to take anyone to court who like your good self can prove they are doing their best they would be villified, And they would lose, thats why they dont do it.
      Stay positive and just because someone sas no once it doesnt hurt to ask again, you will probably get someone different who has a different perspective. Keep your chin up :tinysmile_grin_t:

Comment

"certificate of posting" is no proof of delivery !
        ~
        only way to prove delivery is .... "signed for" ...mail !
        either Recorded or Registered or Special Next Day

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X