• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lloyds TSB/Apex..........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lloyds TSB/Apex..........

Hi folks!

Anyone who has read my bank charges thread in VIP will know of my various problems with the delightful Lloyds............

I am hopefully getting close to being in a position to make a F&F offer on a loan with them, but need some advice please as to how to go about this.

My first problem is that I'm unsure who is currently collecting on this account. It was with Apex, but I've received nothing from them for several months. I have written to LTSB asking for confirmation on who I should be making contact regarding the account. This was sent via RM recorded delivery but there has been no reply.

It seems odd that considering no payments have been made for a couple of years (due to drastic change in financial circs) no new DCA has come out of the woodwork if Apex no longer have it.

Mis-sold PPI has been reclaimed on the account, so that is taken care of.

My intention was to write asking for a settlement figure first to see what they come up with - I was offered a 40% reduction by a previous DCA but didn't then have access to the funds - but now I don't know to whom I should address this request.

LTSB have so many departments and I don't want to contact Apex regarding this if it isn't in their hands any more.

I have read up on all the points I need to get confirmed re: CRAs, third party payments etc etc and know not to agree to anything until I am satisfied they won't renege on what has been agreed and have this in writing, but just need some advice on how I actually approach the bank please!

I am concerned that as there has been no contact for some time LTSB might be gearing up for legal action and would like to pre-empt this if I can!

Many thanks and apologies for the long post,

Nellie x

Re: Lloyds TSB/Apex..........

Hiya

I had a similar problem with a Lloyds debt, firstly it was being collected by Apex all regular and simple then we missed a couple of months and it was passed to Allied International Credit in Glasgow, oh dear they have a woman there who is nasty as hell, till I sent 'harrassment' letters to her, her boss, Apex and Lloyds. I also reported AIC to Lloyds and asked them if thats the way they wanted to be represented, funnily enough they stopped contacting us and everything was done in writing from then on.

Comment

Hi Sapphire!

Mine was previously with AIC but I haven't made any payments to a DCA as the loan account has been subject to a mis-sold PPI investigation for well over a year. Now that's all sorted I would like to get shot of this one, preferably in one fell swoop!

I don't know what else I can do though - I wrote to the last dept of LTSB who contacted me regarding the DCA's collecting, thinking they were the right one to contact - my letter has been delivered according to RM track and trace, but no response has been forthcoming.

I don't want to call Lloyds obviously and if I write to Apex I fear they may say they are still collecting in order to elicit a payment from me - which is not what I had in mind

It seems typical that when you don't want them to contact you they do and now I want to hear something (not a claim form though!) it all goes quiet............

Any advice would be hugely appreciated.

Thank you,

Nellie x

Comment

Hi Nellie

Sorry I had to pop off for my dinner.

Well as you've dealt with the PPI already we can tick that off. So have you written to Lloyds and made them an offer or did you just enquire about making a f & f settlement ?

To be honest I'd be inclined to write to them yet again enclosing a copy of the original letter, reminding them that its bad form not to reply etc. The only other thing I can think of is did you write to the wrong department/address?

Comment

Hi Sapphire,

Thanks for getting back to me!

No, I did neither - I merely wrote to ask to whom I should be sending correspondence relating to that account.

I didn't want to start mentioning F&Fs to the wrong person/dept!

I sent my letter to the last person who had contacted me about the account - they are based at The Droveway, Hove address................but not sure if that was the right place or not?

Thanks again,

Nellie x

Comment

Hi folks

Can anyone advise whether the address I sent my correspondence to was correct please?

To reiterate -

Last time I heard from LTSB they wrote saying Apex were continuing to collect on this account - that was around Christmas 2009 - and LTSB's letter originated from The Droveway, Hove address.

I have heard nothing from either LTSB or Apex since.

I need to know who to address any correspondence regarding offering a F&F to, so I wrote to LTSB at the address from which their last letter came (The Droveway, Hove) - this was sent RM recorded delivery and no reply has been forthcoming..............

Is there another address I should be using?

Many thanks,

Nellie x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X