• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Nursery Adding Interest at 20%

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nursery Adding Interest at 20%

Hi Guys,

Long story short.........My grand daughter went to a private day nursery while her mummy worked.........She lost her job........had to give 4 weeks notice......she was late several times paying the nursery fees and the manager added 20% of the months bill on the invoice. It states on the invoice that this will be done if bills are paid late whether it be a day or a month..............However my daughter did NOT sign a contract agreeing with this as it was introduced AFTER my grand daughter started...........A week into the 4 weeks notice period my daughter was told she could not bring her daughter in as she still had £85 outstanding from the month before.........BUT the owner still wants the full 4 weeks notice money which is nearly £590 as 20% has been added to it.............I have been in to the nursery today as I know the manager and asked for a copy of the contract stating that my daughter agreed to this......Lo and behold it could not be produced but she said its on the invoice she gets every month.......I argued that as my daughter did not agree to this charge being levied that she could not be held accountable for the added 20%............less than 10 minutes later the owner rang me and said she would knock off the 20% charge from this final bill............My question really is this..........Can I argue all the other times the owner added 20% that she had no right to do so??????
    I am going to ask for a complete breakdown of each bill and all amounts that were paid.........And if my calculations are right my daughter will have nothing to pay if she has been paying 20% extra nearly every month!!!!

Re: Nursery Adding Interest at 20%

Since it was not in the contract she signed, they cannot add 20% to the bill. You are entitled to ask for all the extra amounts that were added to the invoices to be refunded.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X