• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

(Lowell) is this legal or just scare tactics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Lowell) is this legal or just scare tactics

Hi this is my first time here and you guys seems very clued in and really would like some help here.

I'm 24 and I suffer from schizophrenia which has caused me to be unable to work and I also suffer from terrible memory issues and panic attacks from stress.

Lowell recently contacted me about a kays catalogue debt which was originally for £200 but I forgot about it for 2 years and now its apparently just under £1000.

I only get my disability living allowance as I live with my partner and she works so I am not entitled to any other benefits this is £250 per month.

I wrote to Lowell offering £10 a month ( I now know I should have asked for the CCA first) and they rang me today saying that it wasn't good enough and that they will have to take my partners wages into consideration and ask her to pay on my behalf.

This to me seems like scare tactics but I'm now starting to get worried it isn't and it is causing me a lot of stress and anxiety because I cannot afford more than the £10.

I have living expenses and other bills to pay and my other half most definatly will not pay my debts so I don't want Lowell to just jack up how much I can pay expecting that she will give me the money to pay the inflated sum.

Please any advice on what to do would be most appreciated.

Thank you for your time

Re: (Lowell) is this legal or just scare tactics

Originally posted by darkenedsquire View Post
    I wrote to Lowell offering £10 a month ( I now know I should have asked for the CCA first) and they rang me today saying that it wasn't good enough and that they will have to take my partners wages into consideration and ask her to pay on my behalf.
    You are correct, this is complete rubbish. How will they even be able to find out how much earns?

Carrrying on paying your £10, do not miss any payments and if and when they choose to take it further we can advise you again.

Have you requested the agreement or sent a Subject Access Request for your information yet?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X