• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Roxburghe DCA - Ref AOL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roxburghe DCA - Ref AOL

Hi all,

I was just hoping someone would be able to give me some advice regarding Roxburghe debt collectors.

I took out a broadband product with AOL and was mis-sold this, believing the length of the contract to be 12 months. I was living in rented accommodation at the time I took out the AOL product and moved out after 6 months, continuing to pay the debt up to the 12 months despite not using it. When I went to cancel the contract after paying my 12th month I was told that it was a 24 month contract and the debt was still due. I wrote to AOL to raise my dispute and received correspondence back again stating that the contract was for 24 months as stated in the terms and conditions.

Recently I have started receiving calls to my work from Roxburghe debt collectors stating that the debt has been assigned to them and full payment is now due. I explained the situation and that the debt was disputed and was told a solicitor's letter would be sent to my address. The address they hold and have been writing to is my previous address despite my having provided AOL with my new one.

I have currently missed 3 payments to AOL totalling £59.97 and Roxburghe state the debt to be in the region of £230 plus their administration costs which is immediately due.

I don't want to end up with bad credit as my credit rating and repayments have always been perfect. Can anyone please advise what my next actions should be or whether I have any grounds for my dispute? The product I agreed to was sold by phone, AOL claim they have no recording and I cannot remember whether I signed and returned any terms and conditions.

Thanks

Rob

Re: Roxburghe DCA - Ref AOL

Throw a Prove It letter at them and see what they have to say for themsleves.

~~~ Consumer Credit Agreements - A Guide ~~~~ inc. Letters - Legal Beagles

Comment

Re: Roxburghe DCA - Ref AOL

Thanks, I sent them a prove it letter today. Will let you know what they come back with.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X