• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

The DCA Mangler's Office is OPEN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The DCA Mangler's Office is OPEN

Hi Jester,

You're not suggesting that they would stoop so low as to have something buried in the small print of their T & C's, are you?

I feel a UTCCR moment coming on:-

5- Unfair Terms (1) A contractual term which has not been individually negotiated shall be regarded as unfair if, contrary to the requirement of good faith, it causes a significant imbalance in the parties’ rights and obligations arising under the contract, to the detriment of the consumer. (2) A term shall always be regarded as not having been individually negotiated where it has been drafted in advance and the consumer has therefore not been able to influence the substance of the term. (3) Notwithstanding that a specific term or certain aspects of it in a contract has bee individually negotiated, these Regulations shall apply to the rest of a contract if an overall assessment of it indicates that it is a pre-formulated standard contract. (4)It shall be for any seller or supplier who claims that a term was individually negotiated to show that it was. (5)
    Schedule 2 to these Regulations contains an indicative and non-exhaustive list of the terms which may be regarded as unfair.

(Just joking, but I will have fun!!)

cnjw

------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
    & it's quite a long bike ride to come knocking on the door!
    Last edited by charitynjw; 23rd November 2009, 16:30:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Quick update.

I politely requested to MBNA (via their own website) that they give me proof that Global Vantedge afford me the same, or better, protection of persona data as required by the DPA.

All GV 'phone calls have gone from 3 or 4 a day to zero - all quiet on the Western Front!

Probably just coincidence, eh!

cnjw
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

Comment

You haven't been 'phoning them, have you Cb?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr0Fuj8FDtw&NR=1

:cancan:
        CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Just started to receive calls from a man claiming to work for Moorcroft group.

He will not tell me what he wants until I give him my personnel details (data protection).

He also states that he has written to me but to date I have not received anything.

Should I be worried
          ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
          I am now so fed up with these calls that I have changed my phone number.

But can they access my credit file for information?
          Last edited by Budgy; 24th March 2010, 12:05:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Hi Budgy, I don't think they can necessarily access your file, although they can do a credit check on you which would probably throw up a few details.

Comment

Do you know if they would have done this by now or is it a last resort for them

Comment

As far as I know the only time a credit check is done on anyone is when they are applying for credit, so I doubt if they would have done one.

Are you completely sure that you have no matters outstanding with them or anyone else ?

Comment

Im sure.

I have just taken a look at my credit score which is 999.

I have never heard of Moorcroft Group but did a google on it and found out that it was a DCA.

I only hold a bank account and two credit cards which I pay every month in full.

So no issues really.

Comment

Just keep telling them you will ONLY communicate in writing, as is your right.
                    IF they can be bothered to actual identify this "debt" then deal with it from there.

Comment

Curlyben

Hi again.

They will not say anything over the phone unless I give them my personnel details. That to me is them fishing for me to commit to something that I do not know anything about.

I have changed phone numbers now so hopefully thats that.

I have not received any correspondence from them even though they stated over the phone that they had written to me. When I replied that I had not received anything they then tried to suck out from me my address so that they could confirm . What a laugh!.

Credit file is A OK so not sure what this is

Never mind

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X