• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCA and Pro Rata Payment advice please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCA and Pro Rata Payment advice please

I sent a letter on 9th June requesting my CCA from a DCA I have been dealing with for many years, who were threatening me with a charging order (no CCJ in place). They acknowledged the request on 11th June and said that they were requesting it and would forward it to me once received. It now seems to have passed the 12 days, but as they were threatening court action after 25th June if full payment was not made, I am just wondering if they are likely to slap me with a court order, despite my CCA request.

Do I need to do anything in the meantime????

Also, if I want to write to my creditors advising of my inability to make full payment, do I need to have the IE enclosed or I can I just write to them in the meantime while I am collecting all of this info and possibly make a token payment?

Re: CCA and Pro Rata Payment advice please

Until they comply with your lawful CCA request they CANNOT take any further action.
    Once they exceed the 12 working days they have defaulted on your request and cannot do anything until they satisfy that default.
    This aslo means you can lawfully cease any payment to them.

Sounds like you have received a simple template nastygram that should be filed under Ignore.
    I hope you have got some files for all the DCA/CCA activity that you are embarking on here as it is prudent to be well organised.

In your last post you mentioned several DCA's that you have been dealing with.
    Could I ask which ones ?
    Last edited by Curlyben; 28th June 2009, 18:40:PM.

Comment

Thanks for your help so far. DCAs are:

IJL
      TBI Financial Services
      Rockwell
      The Lewis Group
      Mercers (who I believe are Barclays in house?)
      I have been paying all of these pro rata payments for many years but on 1st June reduced my standing orders to about a quarter of the payment and have not received any letters yet. I am expecting them real soon.

I am about to be in trouble with Sainsburys for a credit card and loan as I am unable to meet the full payment. These were taken out in Sept 2006 ..... any advice?

Comment

florida I assume all these accounts have incurred penalty fees? Have you reclaimed these?
        If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.
        Oscar Wilde

Comment

There will have been charges but I haven't thought of that yet, I am more concerned at the minute in trying to get my payments accepted and now in finding out if these DCAs from about 12 years ago are collecting my payments legally, if you know what I mean.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X