• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

£50k CC/loan debt and job loss

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: £50k CC/loan debt and job loss

Hi Scotsgirl!

I've sent a few letters out and got some responses back, we've had a death in the family so have been busy with that. But will get the letters scanned and posted up this week.

I've also had a default from Nat west.

I've got all my JSA and benefits claims in and waiting to hear...

Can anyone confirm Natwest loan CCA is unenforcable?

Comment

To any and all negative peeps out there, I have just this to say.

This thread demonstrates EXACTLY why people feel the need to challenge the enforcability of their so-called agreements:

Debtor contacts creditors to inform them of changed circumstances and requests temporary arrangements until things get better.

Creditors are totally unreasonable and expect miracles to happen.

Debtor backed into a corner, with no other option aavailable than to challenge enforcability of "agreements"

Creditors cry like little girls because debtor isn't playing by the "rules".

WTF do they really expect to happen? Twonks.
      My Blog
      http://cabotfanclub.wordpress.com

Comment

Hi Consumer Chicken, im so sorry to hear of your sad news. I dont know enough about the agreements i think CB will be in shortly and have a look at it for you? Ive sent my letters out Recorded Delivery, will update my thread later with the latest. In the meantime keep your chin up.

Luggerbugs....

I completely agree with you Luggerbugs, that's exactly what happened to me, tried and tried and then said F it, game on. Thank god though people like yourself, amethyst, CB and the wonderful Frisp, are there to hold our hands through it.

These CC sharks dont want to help when you offer them your best arrangement, then when you cca them, they start asking you to call them so they can help you!!

Scotsgirl
        Scotsgirl

Comment

Originally posted by consumerchicken View Post
          Can anybody take a look at my natwest CCA and let me know where I stand?

I think there may be a problem with the split loan? and also it's non cancellable (I think that's a problem as well?) But is it unenforceable?

They sent me some standard terms and a card carrier for my credit card hopefully they have'nt got the original!!

Thanks
          http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/a...oan-cca-p1.jpg

http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/a...oan-cca-p2.jpg

CB said yep its enforceable .
          Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
          Me VS Abbey Win
          BIL HSBC Credit Card
          BIL EGG
          BIL HSBC Loan
          BIL PPI Win

Comment

Originally posted by consumerchicken View Post
            Can anybody take a look at my natwest CCA and let me know where I stand?

I think there may be a problem with the split loan? and also it's non cancellable (I think that's a problem as well?) But is it unenforceable?

They sent me some standard terms and a card carrier for my credit card hopefully they have'nt got the original!!

Thanks
            http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/a...oan-cca-p1.jpg

http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/a...oan-cca-p2.jpg
            Well as it stands it looks good, BUT what about the accounts that where consolidated to produce the final loan figure ?
            Any PPI or charges on them as this would cause serious issues with the consolidation loans value..

Comment

Hi everyone,
              A quick update and a question.

Some banks been chasing me/ringing me which I mostly ignored. Have had some bounce to DCA then back to banks, then to other DCAs... have some letters coming from Westcot now.

I have been in and out of work, I have been paying the natwest loan debt which I only have 4 months left on (that was the enforcable one). Will be glad when that's cleared!

The main reason for my post is some advice on Cabot, they have purchased the Sainsburys debt. Which was a reconstructed CCA. Reading around and I think I'm going to send them this letter which I copied from a post from Caspar....

The Data Controller
              Name of company
              Notice Pursuant to Section 10, Data Protection Act 1998
              Account No: xxxxxxxx

Dear Sir,

Take notice that I require you to cease entirely from processing, or else that you do not begin to process, any personal data of which I am the subject within 28 days of the receipt by you of this notice.

This includes particularly, but is not limited to, any processing involving the communication or passing of personal data of which I am the subject to any third party insofar as the said data relates wholly or in part to any alleged agreement between us.

This Notice is given on the ground that there is no signed agreement in existence that entitles you to process my personal data. If it is your contention that such an agreement exsists then I request that you supply me with a copy of the signed agreement as I am of the belief that no such signed agreement exists. Without this signed agreement you cannot process my data as I have not given my consent.

Further, the processing or continued processing by you of the said data will be likely to affect my credit rating and my reputation and cause substantial damage and/or distress to me in addition to that which may already have been caused and that as the processing of the said data in the way referred to in this notice would violate the first, fourth and sixth principles of the Data Protection Act 1998 to do so would be unwarranted.

If you fail to respond to this notice within the prescribed timescale I will make an application to the court under Section 10(4) Data Protection Act that you be ordered to comply with this notice.

Please can you let me know if you agree?
              Thanks in advance, CC

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X