• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Horsemad v Debenhams Storecard court papers - help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Horsemad v Debenhams Storecard court papers - help!

All I know is when Mr T had problems with this lot they could not provide him or the court with a satisfactory proof of assignment of the debt and the judge was none to happy with them. They also registered a default against hime which the judge said they had to remove as they did not have the right to do so.

He battled with this lot for ages because they kept on sending rubbish paperwork which was incorrect and eventually the Judge saw right through them.

Good luck Horsemaid, just keep at it and you will break them down.

Tuttsi

Comment

ok thanks CB. May go for adjournment via doctors note to buy some time. Approach the Judge again and wite to Cohen's. However, if I do that, there is no way I can get judgement removed then is there?

Comment

You can make that part of the settlement, also you have good evidence to show you wheren't exactly firing on all cylinders with the pregnancy

Comment

Thing is Tuttsi, I used the default and dodgy assignment of the debt in my original defence and the judge struck it out, so either need a different plan of attack or Cohens to give up - which isn't likely, cos they know there's already an order against me. Gonna try and buy some time and think what to do next

Comment

Thankfully, the judge showed me some sympathy this time and the hearing has been adjourned to 12th May. Need to try and settle this out of court I think as reading other posts similar to mine, it looks as though going down the non compliant 'assignment' route doesn't work. will try and concoct a letter and post up, so any suggestions would be most welcome

Comment

Have offered full & final settlement offer to Cohens which they accepted. They said they will notify court theyve been paid in full. She did say that I should attend hearing anyway if I want judgement set aside as the judge is more likely to do this if im there. Is that true, or would a letter to the judge suffice?

Comment

Sent letter to Court to say settled out of Court, Cohens did the same. Court confirmed that Judgement set aside!!!!!

Comment

Result!! Well done, that's one less thing to worry about x
                  Is no longer here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X