• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Eurodebt & Halifax personal loan ppi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eurodebt & Halifax personal loan ppi

Hi,

I am new and wondered if anyone could help me. I have tried talking to CAB, the ombudsman etc and no one can really help.

Basically, i signed up for a Halifax loan in 2001 which has also got ppi attached to it. then in 2003 i ended up going on the sick for mental health issues. I still tried to pay everyone i owed, but as i ended up on benefits i couldn't afford to do it and i ended up talking to a company called Eurodebt. A friend recommended them.
    At the time i was extrememly low and vunerable, i wasn't thinking straight.
    A man from Eurodebt came out to see me, and basically looked at all my paperwork, took copies of everything. He then said to go to the cash point with my credit card and withdraw everyday enough money until i had 2,500 and send it to them. i was then to ignore all my creditors until i went into default, where i then had to pay this company monthly some of which my creditors would have the rest they would have.
    So i did this and nothing registered. Until 2006 when i closed everything with them and did everything through CAB.
    Since then i have looked at my Halifax Loan throughly after having all my case file transfered to me from Eurodebt. And i feel that a) they incurred some of my credit card debt, of which i am still paying off.
    B) i was paying PPI on my loan and they didn't advise me about contacting Halifax and having this put into action.
    I am after 7 years still paying my Halifax loan of which includes the PPI and interest of the time of taking this out.
    So i was wondering where i stood?
    Halifax has also been saying that i have been paying amounts that i haven't. So i don't know where all this extra money is coming from.
    They have now sold the debt to Cabot and a few days prior my debt was one amount and then they sold it 3-4 days later and the debt has gone up with no explanation as to why.
    I pay £1.00 per month, ony 1 payment. And Halifax have got me paying £13.01 at least twice or sometimes 3 times a month. They say it is a cheque that is paid and my 1.00 is also on the statement every month. So Why are they doing that? Or rather why did they do that.

I feel the whole dealing with the debt has been done wrong and i feel let down by both Halifax and Eurodebt. And i am still paying for insurance that is invalid.

What does anyone think about this? Just looking for some advice. Don't know if i am right or wrong in the way that i think.

Thanks

louloubelle

Re: Eurodebt & Halifax personal loan ppi

Welcome to Legal Beagles.

1) "A man from Eurodebt came out to see me, and basically looked at all my paperwork, took copies of everything. He then said to go to the cash point with my credit card and withdraw everyday enough money until i had 2,500 and send it to them. i was then to ignore all my creditors until i went into default, where i then had to pay this company monthly some of which my creditors would have the rest they would have.
    So i did this and nothing registered."

I searched Eurodebt and found evidence that they encouraged people to use credit cards to obtain enough to pay them upfront fees, in fact BBC Inside Out programme investigated them in 2006.

HERE

It was also revealed in 2007 that they were obtaining details of everyone who has accrued court fines or judgements against them from a Government Department (Lord Falconer's Department for Constitutional Affairs).

HERE

2) B) i was paying PPI on my loan and they didn't advise me about contacting Halifax and having this put into action.

You should certainly have been advised/reminded that you had payment protection on your loan and that you could have made a claim, although in some cases they do not cover mental illness. Although you were working when this was set up, it may still be possible that it was mis-sold and therefore something you should look into.

3) I am after 7 years still paying my Halifax loan of which includes the PPI and interest of the time of taking this out.
    So i was wondering where i stood?
    Halifax has also been saying that i have been paying amounts that i haven't. So i don't know where all this extra money is coming from.
    They have now sold the debt to Cabot and a few days prior my debt was one amount and then they sold it 3-4 days later and the debt has gone up with no explanation as to why.
    I pay £1.00 per month, ony 1 payment. And Halifax have got me paying £13.01 at least twice or sometimes 3 times a month. They say it is a cheque that is paid and my 1.00 is also on the statement every month. So Why are they doing that? Or rather why did they do that.

Send them a Subject Access Request Letter asking for ALL the information they hold on you. This will cost £10.00.

Other members will be along to advise further on anything I have missed.

CJ

Comment

Thank you for your advice CJ, i will send them a letter and see what they say, i will also send one to Cabot.

Do i still continue to make payments to them when the letters have been sent out?

I am really angry about Eurodebt and i think what they are doing is wrong. And when you think of all the other poor people out there that are being targetted by them. Well it makes me really sad.

I am just glad i am free of them.

Again thank you

Louloubelle

Comment

Yes you should carry on making the payments.

They are allowed 40 days to provide all the information that you have requested in your SAR.

On receipt of this you will be able to see what charges have been added and hopefully where the additional payments to the the loan have originated from.(maybe Eurodebt are still paying them).

Once you have received the information you can start the process of claiming back any unlawful charges, and looking into whether or not the PPI was mis-sold.

CJ

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X