• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DCA - payment taken after debt settled

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCA - payment taken after debt settled

Would appreciate some help with this. In 2007 I got into a financial hole and was lucky enough to get financial help from my family. I paid off a debt directly to the DCA and I have proof of this. Scutinising my bank statements from that dreadful period all this time later I've discovered that the DCA took two further monthly payments from my bank account. I phoned to query this and they said 'nothing to do with us, you must go directly to your creditor'.

Surely this can't be right? I believe the creditor sold them the debt, and they should repay me. What ammunition can I use if they won't repay me now; reporting them to the Credit Services Association, and the OFT? The DCS is Credit Security Ltd. It's £100 and do I ask them for interest, too?

Thanks in advance,

MG

Re: DCA - payment taken after debt settled

Who benefited from your money, the DCA or the original creditor? You say that you paid the DCA directly and in full and if this is the case, why is this anything to do with the original creditor?

If they refuse to repay you after you have sent them a Letter before Action, then issue a claim for the money they have taken.

Comment

Thank you Cetelco, yes I'm sure the DCA has benefited. Will start the process.

Kind regards,

MG

Comment

As a thought, you could end up in a situaiotn where the DCA blames the creditor and the credditor blames the DCA.

Why not send both of them a LBA and if it comes to it issue a joint claim against both of them?

Just a thought.

glenn

Comment

Hi Magiciansgirl,

I had the same problem as you, after several telephone calls ( i know now not to phone but to keep a paper trail) letters and emails finally got my money back from the DCA. Just don't give up.

SL xxxxxxxx
          Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum:11:

Comment

Thanks people; I am just about to write the first letter to the DCA.

MG

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X