• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

barclay card vs curlew430

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• barclay card vs curlew430

hi i have recently tried to pay off a barclaycard and a halifax card . I took out repayment insurance on both and recently had a heart attack . april o8. so i asked them to take off all payments from april to jan 09 i pay 117 permonth to barclaycard and my balance is 5,873.84 . ..... i was hoping to pay 4500 to clear . i have since been told the insurance was cancelled over the phone by myself to which i have no doubt in my mind i did not..i wrote to them asking them to look into who stopped it... i got a letter back telling me to take it up with ombudsman and thats there final answer ....as for the halifax i owe 3800 i was looking to pay 3000 after illness deduction . i pay 76 per month on that one ... i have always paid up to date every month without fail.. i cannot understand who or why my insurances where stopped .... these cards where taken out in 2002/3 . i was robbed in 2004 in my truck in paris i did make a call to cancel cards then but when i got all cards back i was assured all would be up and running again as normal . i have never noticed at any time they where stopped as i pay direct debit on both cards. as far as i was aware insurance was still up and running . i pay without fail and when you want something in return they turn there back. they have both give me a leaflet about ombudsman . Dont seem to be prepaired to help. well its time to fight back and i believe you are the ones for support .

Re: barclay card vs curlew430

Originally posted by curlew430 View Post
    hi i have recently tried to pay off a barclaycard and a halifax card . I took out repayment insurance on both and recently had a heart attack . april o8. so i asked them to take off all payments from april to jan 09 i pay 117 per month to barclaycard and my balance is 5,873.84 . ..... i was hoping to pay 4500 to clear . i have since been told the insurance was cancelled over the phone by myself to which i have no doubt in my mind i did not..i wrote to them asking them to look into who stopped it... i got a letter back telling me to take it up with ombudsman and thats there final answer ....as for the halifax i owe 3800 i was looking to pay 3000 after illness deduction . i pay 76 per month on that one ... i have always paid up to date every month without fail.. i cannot understand who or why my insurances where stopped .... these cards where taken out in 2002/3 . i was robbed in 2004 in my truck in paris i did make a call to cancel cards then but when i got all cards back i was assured all would be up and running again as normal . i have never noticed at any time they where stopped as i pay direct debit on both cards. as far as i was aware insurance was still up and running . i pay without fail and when you want something in return they turn there back. they have both give me a leaflet about ombudsman . Dont seem to be prepaired to help. well its time to fight back and i believe you are the ones for support .
    Fancy challenging Barclaycard and tell them having taken advice from the FOS they have asked you to request an audit of your account to establish the exact date and time it was cancelled and the member of staff who cancelled it.

Comment

Welcome to Beagles curlew.
      If you check your statements it should show the PPI seperate from the other transactions, it may have a different title though.
      If you have not got all the statements then I would suggest you do a SAR (Subject Access Request) info all about that here Legal Beagles

Comment

should i subbmit a c . c. a. aswell as the sar request manythanks CURLEW

Comment

Make sure in your SAR request that you ask for a copy of the alleged telephone conversation in which they claim you cancelled the PPI, as per Natties advice

Comment

Ok I Will Do All That But Should Ask For Cca As I Took Card Out With Dean Witter Which Went On To Morgan Stanley Then Onto Barclaycard...... One Thing They Did Say Was Previous Buisness With Other Insurers Was Nothing To Do With Them . Its Up To Me To Prove Thanks Again Curlew

Comment

SAR or CCA or Both?

All Depends on what outcome do you want to achieve?
              What is your goal?

Comment

my goal is to get these balances to zero . i tried to approach them and they hid behind rules and directed me to ombudsman . i have been told that they may not have stuck buy the rules in 2003 when signing me up .[ application motorway services] . I will fight them any way you tell me . It seems whilst i am paying they will drag it out and keep fobbing me off many thanks again curlew

Comment

I have sent a s.a.r to Barclays and also asked for alledged telephone conversation as to who cancelled p.p.i
                  I also sent a request for a c.c.a.
                  I have received two letters, 1 saying i enclose a copy of your credit agreement and if i want more information to visit their website,i assume this to be the reply to s.a.r
                  The other letter telling me that all they have to supply,under section of consumer credit act 78,is a copy of my executed agreement and statement of account,which is practicable to refer.
                  They have sent a credit agreement regulated by consumer credit act 1974.
                  It is a seven page,16 section document with NO signature on any page.
                  It does say at the bottom of first page, it should be initialled and signed.
                  If need be,i will send you these to read.
                  I offered to settle this card and i'm still keeping up with payments.
                  I am sickof their arrogance in dealing with customers.
                  Many thanks,i appreciate your help.
                  I have also noticed that i can donate to this sitewhich i will be doing.
                  Once again thanks............

Comment

Do You Have Any Advice On Last Posting . Manythanks

Comment

They have a maximum of 40 days to answer your Subject Access Request letter, so sit tight and see what they supply you with.

Comment

ok i will do thanks for reply . i appreciate your time and help

Comment

I Have Recieved A Letter From Barclay Card Saying This Info We Have Enclosed Is All We Hold Relating To This Account .... It Starts At 2600 Pounds 5/8 2003 .... On The Statements On A Few Occasions It Says Policy Cancelled Due To Delinquency [ppi] . What Does This Mean As On The Next Line It Says Policy Reinstated.. They Have Not Sent Me Additional Info About Copy Of The Phone Conversation In Which I Was Supposed To Have Cancelled Ppi. ... So What I Have Is Reply T Cca Is A Badly Copied Consumer Credit Act . And Reply To Sar Is Only Half Of Statement No Proof Of Ppi Cancelation By Phone Or Otherwise . Manythanks Curlew .

Comment

i have recently sent for cca and sar also asking for a copy of alleged conversation on cancelling ppi . all i got was was a bad copy of cca no signature sar with half missing and no copy of telephone conversation suprise suprise as it did not happen [ ppi cancelation ]. i am about to stop payments to them can they black my credit rating whilst in dispute . they will not do anything whilst i am paying each month...... please let me know if i am doing right thing ..... look forward to your reply thanks

Comment

After Sending For Cca Sar And Getting Fobbed Off How Long Have I Got As I Have Been Paying My Card Every Month And They Sent Me Half My Statement And A Bad Copy Of My Cca No Signatures . But It Was A While Ago Is There A Time Limit Before I Can Proceed Further I Am Fed Up With Them Now, Or Is There A Letter I Can Send Asking For What I Paid For Them To Send

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X