• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sky / JC International Acquisition, LLC /BW Legal apply default 4 years after later

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sky / JC International Acquisition, LLC /BW Legal apply default 4 years after later

Hello Everyone,

Apologises if this in the wrong place but I am looking for a little bit of advice - which is very much appreciated.

Last year I got a letter from a DCA BW Legal regarding a very old debt back in 2018 for Sky TV. I hold my hands up I couldn't afford to pay it as I was on SSP as my daughter was undergoing cancer treatment which lasted just under 3 years. We had to sell our house it was horrific but She is fine now luckily and life is better.

I then queried it with the BW Legal then never heard anything until yesterday ( I think its been around 1 year) they have came back to me and said -
    Our Client: JC International Acquisition, LLC
    Balance Due: £507.23
    Account Number: 0000000000
    Our Reference Number: 000000000
    Further to the query you raised with us, we can confirm that we cannot obtain these documents from our client. In order for you to receive further documentation regarding this matter, you will need to login to your Sky ID for online services. This consists of the email address used when setting up the Sky account and a password. This will allow you to have a statement sent out to the last address Sky holds for you. If you cannot access this site, please contact Sky directly to obtain the documents
    We trust this now concludes any outstanding queries you had raised with us. It is important that you now contact us in order that we can discuss an affordable payment arrangement.
    If you do not agree and need further information, it is important that you contact us within 10 days of this letter. Failure to contact us within 10 days may lead to further collections activity.
    I then managed to login into the extremely old Sky Account and this is from April 2018.....

Then I went and checked my credit files and there is a Default (my only one now) and only showing on Credit Karma under the name JC International Acquisitions, LLC but the default date is from April 2022!!

I live in Scotland and I know the Statue Barred timescales here is only 5 years so now I am in a quadrum. If this default was added back in 2018 when it should of been applied correctly this would be fallen off my file this year or even dropped off now.... Please correct me if I am wrong with the 3-6 months timescales for a default to be reported.

I am wondering which way to go for this please and is there any letter templates with all the legal information which I can use that would either address these issues:

This Debt Is Statute Barred in Scotland and the default date should of been applied within the correct timescales and not 4 years after the last payment made?

I dont want to open a huge can of worms but I would just like the correct information reported.

Thanks very much for your help

I'm not sure why you logged into the account.

You could send them a statute barred letter, see what their response is. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...ed-debt-letter

No doubt they'll come back with some reason why it's not statute barred. Then lodge a complaint, follow the complaints procedure on their website, they have incorrect information on your credit file, they should have defaulted you after you missed payments which is probably stated in the Terms and Conditions. That deprived you of the opportunity to rectify the default.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X