• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCA or F&F

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCA or F&F

Hi, I have 3 old debts with Lowells, PRA and BW legal totalling over £27k. I thought about an F&F but no idea if, especially BW legal will accept one as they are owed £16k. If I ask for CCA's it sounds like DCA's can turn nasty and I don't want lots of letters coming through the door which is why I though they might take some money in settlement to go away!
    Debts are from late 1990s and early 2000s and in a DMP.
    Thank you in advance.
    Tags: None

Hi SADCAT21

Welcome to LB

I doubt they will be able to provide copies of CCA agreements due to the age of the accounts.

Send them a Full and Final Settlement Offer, write 'Without Prejudice' on the letter. Offer 5% - 10% of the debts (remember they have been bought for pennies). If the Offers aren't accepted, then send CCA requests.

Update the thread when you get a response.

Amend the following, remove anything that's not fact. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://nationaldebtline.org/get-inf...tlement-offer/

Comment

Thank you so much for the welcome and your advice I really appreciate it. I will send the offers off and update when I hear back.
      I was thinking of asking them to respond by email rather than post, I don't know why but waiting for letters makes me anxious!
      Thanks again ECHAT11

Comment

Originally posted by SadCat21 View Post
        Thank you so much for the welcome and your advice I really appreciate it. I will send the offers off and update when I hear back.
        I was thinking of asking them to respond by email rather than post, I don't know why but waiting for letters makes me anxious!
        Thanks again ECHAT11
        Email is fine. Make sure you have the correct email address or use their online form.

Comment

Thank you ECHAT11. So it's ok to do the whole letter template via email to them and ask for an email response?

Comment

Thank you ECHAT11. So it's ok to do the whole letter template via email to them and ask for an email response?
            Yes, amend, add your personal circumstances, i.e. poor health, if your a carer etc.

Remove the following 'I am getting advice from National Debtline on dealing with my financial situation and choosing the right debt solution for me' as it's not true.

You normally get an automated email confirming that they have received your email, if you don't, resend email / chase after 7 days.

Comment

Fabulous thank you so much ECHAT11. Final question hopefully, is is worth me saying as this is an old account? Then put the rest of the info in the email.
              This is in the hope they will take my small offer seriously rather than get nothing if there is no CCA if it comes to that?
              Thank you again

Comment

Fabulous thank you so much ECHAT11. Final question hopefully, is is worth me saying as this is an old account? Then put the rest of the info in the email.
                This is in the hope they will take my small offer seriously rather than get nothing if there is no CCA if it comes to that?
                Thank you again
                I wouldn't, let them make the determination, they can look it up.
                They will know what documents they have / haven't got.

Comment

Fabulous thank you very much for all your help, I really appreciate it

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X