• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Debt company threatens court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debt company threatens court

Hello everyone.

I hope you can offer some advice on an issue that’s been landed at my feet.

I have recent received a letter claiming I owe some sort of utilities debt (electric).

I have been given no dates for this and only been given an amount, company who it’s claimed I owe money to and an account number. Not been supplied an address etc.

I’ve checked my credit file and there is nothing showing on there for the debt/company. I’ve been quite on top of my credit file after parting ways with my ex some years ago.

Now I have been given a 30 day time frame to reply to them, although this is missing quite a few days as the date on their letter is atleast a week after it’s been received.

I have seen reference to stature barred debt etc and the potential on restarting some sort of timeframe / clock. One if the things I’m concerned with is if I respond to their letter by ticking “I dispute the debt” would this reset this for mentioned clock and land me liable for something I’ve no idea about?? I

any advice etc is more than welcome
    Tags: None

Please post on here a copy of the letter after covering up any personal information or reference numbers that could identify you
    All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

This is the covering letter
      Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X