• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowells moorcroft idem 18 year old debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowells moorcroft idem 18 year old debt

Hi please could someone advise. My partner took out a loan in 2006 with mbna. She defaulted in either 2008/09. She had to give up work due to ill health. The debt was sold on to moorcroft. We sent medical evidence in and a consent form asking them to deal with me. Then the same with idem. Both said we did not have to pay but I continued to pay £1 per month thinking I was doing the right thing. Then we had a letter from Lowells in 2022 saying they had taken the account over. I had stopped paying at this point. My partner was bombarded by mail threatening court action etc. then a letter to say she could have a 50 percent reduction. She is now going blind and has a degenerative illness. I sent in a sars request and told them to deal with me only (a consent form) due to the fact she is too ill to deal with it. Lowells replied with pages of nothing but just a page stating long term illness. Then she was bombarded by more mail addressed to her having totally ignored our written request giving consent for me to deal with it. So I wrote a letter of complaint to them. Their reply was they would still write her send a debt collector round to our home if they felt like it. They could send letters in large print as she’s going blind and she should contact the Samaritans or the Royal Society for blind people if it was too much for her. The next day they wrote to her again ignoring everything they said. A letter addressed to her in small print! So now I don’t know what to do. They said they are aware of her circumstances and have placed the account on hold for 30 days. They have closed the complaint! So do I try to complain again as they ignored everything they said they would do? Ignore them completely.? Or send in a request for a copy of the original CCA ? They also say on their webisite that a reconstituted version of the CCA is ok ie statements and name and address? Sorry this is so long winded but I do not know how to proceed as she cannot afford this debt she has no prospects of ever going back to work or paying it. Any advice would be most welcome thank you so much
    Tags: None

How much is the alleged debt please (approximately, not exact amount).
    All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

Try not to worry.

Ask them to write it off. provide medical evidence, make sure you get Proof of Postage

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/de...debt---letter/

Depending on when it was taken out, they might have to provide a True Copy, but see if they will write it off first.

Once you get a response, update the thread.

Comment

Thank you so much the loan was taken out in 2006 which was a long time ago. I will definitely try to get it written off but they are very unsympathetic. Thank you again

Comment

Originally posted by Lamymike View Post
          Thank you so much the loan was taken out in 2006 which was a long time ago. I will definitely try to get it written off but they are very unsympathetic. Thank you again
          The last thing you need, is to be 'hounded' because of circumstances outside of your control. Update the thread with their response.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X