• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Link Financial

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link Financial

Hello,

I have been chased by Link Financial for a debt I do not recognise. I asked them to provide proof/CCA. They replied saying that they could not. They stated that the debt was therefore unenforceable, but still collectable which I don't really understand. They have now begun adding hard "debt collection" searches to my TransUnion credit file (so far, not appeared on either Equifax or Experian). It looks as though the first was about 6 months ago and another one now This feels punitive as they have already confirmed in writing that the debt is unenforceable if that is the case why are they now carrying out hard searches on my file and is there anything I can do? Thanks for your help.
    Tags: None

Hi NurseyB

Welcome to LB

'Unenforceable' means that they can't pursue the debt through the Courts. The debt doesn't disappear.

You could consider sending the following, make sure you get Proof of Postage:

https://nationaldebtline.org/sample-...-not-owe-debt/

Comment

Thanks echat11.

Yes, I sent a similar letter when they first got in touch. They replied saying not enforceable but still collectable. My issue is that if they acknowledge it is not enforceable - because they have no documentation to show that it's my debt (I do not believe it's a debt that is mine), then why are they carrying out hard searches on my file. I have no defaults, CCJs or anything else on my credit files - never have had - so it feels punitive. No previous credit file searches until the last 6 months, but now carrying out hard searches (I wrongly assumed debt collection searches were soft). I have disputed it and they have said they can provide no proof.

Is there anything else I can try? Only appears on TransUnion - tbh, not sure why that is, or if it even matters.

​​​​​

Comment

Unless it's effecting your ability to get credit, then I don't think you should be concerned.

https://www.experian.co.uk/consumer/...20the%20future.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X