• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot sent statements

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot sent statements

Hi all. I received 6 years worth of statements for a debt that Cabot hold that fell off my credit record in January. I didn't ask for statements but they do show that I haven't made any payment for over 6 years. My question is that on 1st July 2018, there's 'Partial Recourse' of £19. Does this affect the 6 year rule? What is it? I haven't paid that.
    thanks in advance
    Tags: None

From what I have been reading, they will have a fight on their hands after six years.

Comment

Yes. As it has dropped off my CR, I wondered if that's why they suddenly, out of the blue, sent me 6 years of statements. Also, does 'partial recourse' suggest that I made a random £19 payment off a £900 debt or have they reduced the balance due to excessive costs or something? Obviously, if they're saying that I made that payment, the 6 year rule would've started over at that point.
      just a bit confused because no DCA has ever sent me a full 6 year (non) payment history before. Oh, it also says ' No action is required on your part' So unlike Cabot that it's genuinely worrying me!

Comment

Send your bank a Subject Access Request.

You could send them a statute barred letter, see what they send or do.

Comment

Hi Echat. This has nothing to do with my bank. I really just need to know what that 'partial recourse' means and if it affects the statute barred state of the account, probably not because it fell off my CR in January.
          There are 2 lots of legal fees totalling £137 plus 2 legal costs totalling £92 and then legal balance adjustment of £2.25 on the first of the statements dated 1/1/18 and then 1/7/18 the partial recourse of £19.66.
          I know that it isn't a payment from me. I'm not even sure what the legal fees are for because I don't imagine they're court costs - spread over Jan/Feb/Mar and tgere's no CCJ on my CR. (This debt goes back to 2015 and Cabot got hold of it around the end of 2017/early 2018. I would never just make a single, random payment and, as I've never responded to Cabot (they haven't really bothered me except for an occassional email), they definitely don't have my debit card details so can't have helped themselves.

Rambled a bit, apologies

Comment

Just remember that they are devious, it is possible its a ghost payment, that puts you back to the that is why ECHAT advised you to apply for a statement,proves you never made that payment, make sure you have the information first,do go off on the back foot.

Comment

Oh ok, thankyou, I'll do that today

Comment

If you want to check if any payments made and you've been with the same bank back to 2017 you may not need to go the SAR route. My bank (one of the traditional 'High Street' ones) has the past 7 years of statements on my current account available online which I can download as a pdf at the touch of button. If yours also goes back 7 years it'll cover the period you want to look at.
                All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

Hi

My statements go back 6 years but I emailed Cabot and asked why they sent statements for a statute barred debt and they replied with 'because the debt is still outstanding', they have CCJ (older than 6 years) and it needs to be paid.

I decided to let it lie til they go back to court to get permission to act on it.

Comment

Originally posted by BusDriver View Post
                    Hi

My statements go back 6 years but I emailed Cabot and asked why they sent statements for a statute barred debt and they replied with 'because the debt is still outstanding', they have CCJ (older than 6 years) and it needs to be paid.

I decided to let it lie til they go back to court to get permission to act on it.
                    They will need a good reason why they haven't gone back to the Courts sooner regards the CCJ.
                    You could consider asking for details of the CCJ, as sometimes they don't exist, although they say they do.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X