• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell chasing debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell chasing debt

I have received multiple letters, texts, and emails from Lowell concerning an old credit card debt I suspect defaulted in the late 1990s or early 2000s. I requested a statement of account and the credit agreement by email. I have received two PDF documents back. One shows an initial and a surname and some historic £1 payments made to HSBC, but little other information — no full name, no address, no balance etc. It looks like a screengrab of banking system transactions of some kind.

Then I have received a copy of a pamphlet with T+C's. There is an interest rate marked, but nothing on there to suggest that this has any relation to me. There is no name or address and the pamphlet has no date on it of any kind. Given the web address, and the phone numbers, I have reason to believe that it is not from the era the account was opened but cannot be certain.

I have written back to say that these do not reflect the FCA requirements for fulfilling the information requests listed by the CCA, and that the debt is unenforceable until they can provide true copies of these documents. Their response is:

"HSBC have advised that they are unable to provide any copy of the agreement or statement. See the attached documents which is sufficient proof and we would not look to reiterate ourselves on this matter.
    If you want other information HSBC holds for the account, you would need to submit a Subject Access Request to them, in accordance with data protection legislation. If you do make a Subject Access Request to them, please let us know and we will put your account on hold to allow you time to obtain and review the information."

Can anyone reflect more on this? Have they provided adequate information?

Thank you.
    Tags: None

Is it statute barred? Sounds like it might be. When did you last pay anything?
    Last edited by PallasAthena; 29th February 2024, 12:31:PM.
    All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

Agree with Pallasathena, also no point sending a SAR, they will only provide 6 years data max.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X