• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Resolve Call Doorstep Visit.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resolve Call Doorstep Visit.

Hi all.
    Just had a guy from ResolveCall knock at my door.
    ​​​​Also had letters from them regarding a Capital One credit card debt i had from around 2008.Am almost sure this debt is Statute Barred,as i was unable to pay this debt from 2008 and i have not acknowledged this debt
    ​​​​​since 2008.
    I opened the door to this guy from ResolveCall,he asked if he was speaking to me then rambled on that he was knocking at mine for immediate payment of debt(£600).I have not been very well of late(on antibiotics) so all i could say to this guy from ResolveCall was the debt was statute barred and that he shouldn't be knocking at any door for a statute barred debt,and that i dont want him or anybody from his company knocking at my address again.
    He again mumbled something under his breath as he walked away from my property.
    I then told him that i am making a complaint(not sure if i did right thing saying that?)
    I would greatly appreciate any help on what i can do next.Many thanks.Wirral Guy.
    Tags: None

Have you made the complaint that you mentioned?
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Hi Atticus.
      As yet i haven't made a complaint.Just incredibly stressed out with this guy from resolvecall knocking at my door.But a complaint i feel is justified.
      ​​
      ​​​​​

Comment

So do I.
        Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Send ResolveCall the following template, make sure you get Proof of Postage.

Also keep a copy in an envelope by the door, if ResolveCall visit again, just hand it to them, then close the door.

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...ed-debt-letter

Comment

What i dont understand is how can they visit someone and ask for payment when the debt is statute barred? Is that not highly dubious on there part?

Comment

Thankyou ECHAT11.
              Could i also email them the template?

Comment

Originally posted by WIRRALMAN View Post
                What i dont understand is how can they visit someone and ask for payment when the debt is statute barred? Is that not highly dubious on there part?
                ResolveCall won't have the complete history of the debt. It might have been sold many times over.

Comment

Thankyou ECHAT11.
                  Could i also email them the template?
                  Yes, you can.

Comment

I then told him that i am making a complaint(not sure if i did right thing saying that?.
                    If you tell any organisation that you are going to make a complaint, start court proceedings, or whatever, it's imp[ortant to do what you said you would do. Otherwise debt collectors will simply assume you are bluffing about everything and won't take seriously any threats of action that you make in the future.

All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

Thanks for all of your advice and replys(much appreciated) i have sent resolve call an email using the template ECHAT11 posted.Hopefully it will now be the end of the matter,i will update once i hear back from resolvecall.Thanks again.WIRRALGUY

Comment

UPDATE:
                        I have received this email from Resolvecall.Am pretty pleased to be honest,and i would like to thankyou all for your advice and words of wisdom.

I apologise for the delay in our response to your email.

I have checked the account and can confirm that when our client acquired the account on 02/10/2023 from the previous Debt Purchasing Company, there are no CCJ’s applied, and account default date is over 6 years.

We have closed the account and referred this back to our client advising that it should be Statute Barred.

You will not receive any further communication from Resolvecall regarding this matter.

Yours Sincerely,

J

Correspondence Team

Comment

UPDATE:
                          I have received this email from Resolvecall.Am pretty pleased to be honest,and i would like to thankyou all for your advice and words of wisdom.

I apologise for the delay in our response to your email.

I have checked the account and can confirm that when our client acquired the account on 02/10/2023 from the previous Debt Purchasing Company, there are no CCJ’s applied, and account default date is over 6 years.

We have closed the account and referred this back to our client advising that it should be Statute Barred.

You will not receive any further communication from Resolvecall regarding this matter.

Yours Sincerely,

J

Correspondence Team
                          Well done, thanks for updating.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X