• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lloyds bank overdraft being chased by Lowells - 12 years old

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lloyds bank overdraft being chased by Lowells - 12 years old

Lloyd's bank account was last paid into in January 2012. Am being chased by Lowells who took over the account from Hoist. Lloyds sold the account in November 2015. Am I correct in believing that this account is uncollectible legally.
    Tags: None

Hi KBM345K

Welcome to LB

If no payments and the debt hasn't been acknowledged in writing in the last 6 years, then the debt is Statute Barred, providing they haven't obtained a CCJ on the debt. You need to make sure that is the case.

If so you can send the following letter, make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...ed-debt-letter

Comment

Howard Cohen, acting for Hoist, sent a Letter of Claim on 8 January 2018, which I felt obliged to respond to. I did not accept the purported debt in my cover letter. Hoist/Cohen/Robinson Way did not advance their purported case. This matter is cross-related to a case I have against Lloyd's Bank. Lowells are now texting and ringing me - and offering a discount!

Comment

If what I stated in post 2 is correct, then the debt is Statute Barred, Send the letter in post 2, otherwise they will continue to 'harass' you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X