• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DCA Trouble

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DCA Trouble

Nice link.
    I especially like this bit:

Meanwhile, if you are contacted by a debt-collection agency there are some simple rules to follow. The first is not to ignore the problem, because it will almost certainly make things worse. Ask the company for documentary proof to support its claims. It will also help if you have proof of your payments, such as bank statements.
    So there's you CCA request

Comment

Right, had a look today and the cheque I sent for the £1 (on Friday) has been cashed, not sure if this is a good or bad sign. He must've banked it the second it hit his desk!

Before you think they have a sample of my signature, it was OH's cheque, and I also got him to personal proxy the letter that went with it.

Not heard a dickie bird, but am starting to sweat now :tinysmile_hmm_t2: They have a way of making it feel like a personal vendetta.

Comment

Its true Colette, I used to feel like that, but as a good person once told me (thx CB), your just in a pile of papers on someones desk they probably dont even look at your name just the reference number and they get on with thier Data Imput duties Seriously if its not a halfwit doing it, its a Computer, 'the threatogram automatic 300'.

Dont sweat it and take a day at a time, everyone here will help you! Ive been waiting 10months for my OH CCA to turn up, and it took me awhile to realise that I shouldnt be waiting ominously for the Postman everyday, but just to enjoy the peace. Theres nothing they can say or do that hasnt been seen before and dealt with...Hope this helps you a bit!
        Luminol x

Comment

Thanks Luminol, the 'threatogram automatic 300', I love it (and it made me laugh, so double thanks!)

You're totally right, but this bloke was such a vile character, he as good as said he was going to get me. It didn't help matters that I laugh when I'm nervous, so spent most of the call laughing down the phone at him, which must've made him grind his teeth with fury.

Comment

Say hello to the Threat-O-Matic 9000

Only the very best for our DCA friends

Comment

threatogram automatic 300, Is something I was told when I was at the beginning of my debt life and it made me laugh too, glad it helped x They are vile but you dont have to speak to them again.

Try not to worry
              ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
              Originally posted by Curlyben View Post
              Say hello to the Threat-O-Matic 9000

Only the very best for our DCA friends
              and you should see the operators of the said machine x
              Last edited by Luminol; 26th March 2009, 10:44:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
              Luminol x

Comment

Funny you should say that

Comment

lolz CB x
                  Luminol x

Comment

Very funny, thanks! Uncannily similar to my mental picture as well

Comment

Update!

I don't know what Curlyben puts in his letters, but it must be potent stuff. Had a letter back from AIC along with a cheque refunding my £1, saying that the account is now closed and not to make any further payments (which I didn't anyway)

So, there we are, I expected a much bumpier ride than that!, I anticipate it being passed along to someone else at some point. Makes me wonder if they were just chancing their arm, or whether Natwest had passed it to them legitimately, don't know what to think really.

A big thank you to all who helped me deal with this issue though, a special big thanks to CB, much appreciated.

Comment

Nice one Colette.

Did they say why they decided to close the account ??

Well there's now a few things that will happen:
                        • Another DCA turns up
                        • Nasty gets in on the game
                        • NOTHING at all, as this is very close to SB anyway..

Comment

Looks like another positive outcome, well done.
                          True,CB does do some magical letters.
                          Enaid x

Comment

Originally posted by Curlyben View Post
                            Nice one Colette.

Did they say why they decided to close the account ??

Well there's now a few things that will happen:
                            • Another DCA turns up
                            • Nasty gets in on the game
                            • NOTHING at all, as this is very close to SB anyway..
                            All it says is `Further to your remittance, which we recently received at our offices, please note that the above account has been marked as closed. Please find enclosed a cheque to the value of £1.00 due to an overpayment on the above account.

PLEASE ALSO ENSURE THAT NO FURTHER PAYMENTS ARE MADE TO THIS ACCOUNT, AND ALSO CANCEL ANY STANDING ORDER MANDATES, WHICH ARE SET UP FOR THIS ACCOUNT.

FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN AN ADMINISTRATION CHARGE OF 25% ON ALL FUTURE PAYMENTS.

Should you have any subsequent queries regarding your account, please contact the above client direct.`

Strange or what? The `above client` is listed as Phoenix Recoveries - Triumph.

I should have thought they'd make a token stab at the CCA.
                            ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                            Originally posted by enaid View Post
                            Looks like another positive outcome, well done.
                            True,CB does do some magical letters.
                            Enaid x
                            Positive undoubtedly, but suspiciously easy! lol
                            Last edited by Colette; 10th April 2009, 11:09:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Just read this thread and I have to congratulate CB on his letters - they are magic.

Collette, what about now claiming your charges as Wendy suggested on an earlier post.

Tuttsi

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X