• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PRA Group / No CCA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRA Group / No CCA

Hi, an old Barclaycard debt has been with PRA for some time. I requested a copy of the CCA many months ago and they advised me that this could not be found and the debt was unenforceable but obviously still existed.
    I have not been making payment and now months later they have forward me pages of transactions, still no CCA but they have said if I make no contact by a certain date they will contact me again.
    Question is really how I should handle this. I have limited funds so cannot clear the debt any time soon or even make a small offer as settlement. Shall I maybe send another account in dispute letter?

Thanks
    Tags: None

do nothing at this stage await to see their offers to clear no CCA no court case, so up to them do not tell them no cca avoid giving them time to try find one, threatograms keep updates here

Comment

Ok thanks. I realise it’s technically unenforceable and obviously no CCA has turned up in 6-8 months, but might they “try” to take this to court?

Comment

could try as a freighter (works sometimes) but they would have to withdraw later in case no CCA no case to answer, especially if they tried it and left it too late to withdraw then they loose deposit. many solicitors try that hoping you cave in> but discontinue just before deadline to loos their money.

Comment

Ok thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X