• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

LOWELL not my debts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOWELL not my debts

I have started receiving emails, letters and calls from Lowell about debts I know nothing about. Four "debts" in total, two of the companies, I have heard of/had accounts with but from years and years ago, (probably pre-2014 at a guess) and the other two "debts" are for companies I have NEVER had an account with, one is for EDF energy and the other is Tesco Bank (I have only ever been with Lloyds, 40+years) and have absolutely NEVER had dealings with either EDF or Tesco Bank. The emails were first, then calls (I didn't answer) now 4 letters! I'm scared to contact them as I was told once you "acknowledge" the debt and start conversing it snowballs, and I obviously have nothing to prove that these aren't my debts because I don't know where they came from!
    Tags: None

Subject Access Request Letter send to lowells they have 30 days to respond to you (no charge) get proof posting free., do not panick see what they produce.

@ec

Comment

echat11 may be able to advise also

Comment

If payments haven't been made over the last 6 years and the debts haven't been acknowledged in writing over the last 6 years, then the debt is statute barred. If that is the case then you could consider sending them a statute barred letter. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...ed-debt-letter

That should put an end to their communication as they can't take the debt through the Courts.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X