• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell advice please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell advice please

Hi, firstly, I hope I'm asking for help in the correct section!?

So, the story is as follows.

Had a credit card (many years ago, I'd say easily over 10 and possibly a lot longer). Anyway, had some difficulties and the card provider (I believe it was Lloyds) passed the debt to Idem.

I've been paying Idem £30/month for years, on time every time. Ive asked them several times for a reduced settlement on the account but they dont want to know (although I haven't spoken to them for 2 or 3 years now).

Out of the blue, I receive a letter from Lowell saying I haven't paid them. However, Idem never notified me this change was happening.

In these tough economic times we live in I'm wondering everyone's thoughts on sending a CCA request letter to Lowell and see what they can prove I owe.

Is this a good plan, although maybe not regarded as completely ethical by all!!

Thanks in advance

Atholl
    Tags: None

When was the Credit Card account taken out?

You have the right to ask for a copy of your CCA agreement.

If they don't have it, then the debt is 'unenforceable', they can't take you to Court, although the debt still exists.

You can stop paying until they provide you with a copy.

https://www.handbook.fca.org.uk/hand...ate=2016-03-07

Comment

Originally I'd say 2006

Comment

Originally posted by rockitmurray View Post
        Originally I'd say 2006
        I think they may find it difficult to locate the original agreement because it was taken out in 2006.

Comment

very difficult they no doubt have a big problem.

Comment

Ok, thanks everyone. I'm sending cca request today. I'll update here

Comment

Still no reply from my CCA request as above sent on 19th July. What's the next step?

Thanks

Atholl

Comment

Originally posted by rockitmurray View Post
                Still no reply from my CCA request as above sent on 19th July. What's the next step?

Thanks

Atholl

You could send a chase letter, to prompt a response from them.

If the debt is 'unenforceable' they should say so.

You can stop paying, see what they do, if anything. See if they provide compliant documentation.

Comment

or sit on your hands they have a problem supplying CCA then thats their problem, they know the rules. and if ever they did it has to be compliant one, if they cannot find one then they have to inform you later on. meantime stop paying then until if ever you get a true copy complaint with regulation.

Comment

Hi everyone. Thanks for the responses. They wrote back saying they had received my letter and they were looking into it. This was at least 2 weeks ago. Still nothing since. This debt was passed/bought by Lowell, I used to have it with Idem. Idem never told me Lowell were taking over so up until now every monthly payment has gone to Idem (probably for at least the last 5 years). The next payment is due to Idem on the 15th Sept so presumably I should cancel this standing order anyway?

Thanks

Comment

As above

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X