• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Collection Letter for overdue balance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collection Letter for overdue balance

I have received a letter for an overdue balance from my old employer.
    I have contacted them and the car lease people to enquire about the overdue balance and after a few emails/discussions, there is no overdue balance.

Unfortunately, I have received another letter from the debt collection agency my old employer uses stating that I owe them money.

Again I've checked with my old employer regarding the overdue amount and have been told that there is no amount owed.

Do I need to specify explicitly to my old employer that they need to rectify this and have the issue resolved or do I need to contact the agency and have this discussion?

I do not want this to escalate which is my worry.
    Tags: None

You could write to your old employer, stating that as no money is owed to them and you keep receiving correspondence from DCA's that, this is harassment and you covered under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997. Tell them if it persists then you will take action to stop the harassment. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X