• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PRA Group / Halifax Pre 2007

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
    no cca yet do not want them to dig deep at present!
    Ok so whats next move in your opinion?

keep paying?
    Stop paying?
    Challenge?
    bearing in mind they sent me this in 2019

Comment

Originally posted by claritydude View Post

Ok so whats next move in your opinion?

keep paying?
      Stop paying?
      Challenge?
      bearing in mind they sent me this in 2019
      a) When they sent you the documents in 2019 and stated that the agreement was 'enforceable', they were not honest. Read everything in the link below.

https://www.handbook.fca.org.uk/hand...ate=2016-03-07

b) You could challenge them, lodge a formal complaint, follow their complaints procedure, when you get a final response / deadlock letter, if it's not resolved to your satisfaction, lodge a complaint with the FOS. Your complaint is that they have not been honest in 2019, the agreement is 'unenforceable' as per the FCA's Handbook. They should be 'upfront' and tell you that, not send you 'garbage'.

c) You could stop paying, do nothing, see what they do, if they threaten legal action. You then send them another CCA request and see what they send.

Comment

Decided to challenge and lodge an official compaint:

here is what im planning on sending:

"In 2018 I requested a copy of the information you held in relation to this matter by way of a CCA request in response to a pre-action protocol form.

In response in xxxxx 2019, you sent me what you claimed was a "copy of agreement and statement of account"

You also claimed that based on the information you sent you "believe the account to be enforceable".

Having revisited this matter it is my belief that the information sent did not satisfy a CCA request and by claiming the account was enforceable based on the information sent I feel that I have been misled by PRA group and as a result of this this account is unenforceable as per the FCA handbook, in particular:

"CONC 13.1.3"

Failure to comply

"(2) In such cases, a firm should in no way, either by act or omission, mislead a customer as to the enforceability of the agreement. "

My complaint is that in 2019 you have misled me and not been honest in 2019 as based on what you send the agreement is 'unenforceable' as per the FCA's Handbook. PRA group should have been upfront with me at the time.

I earnestly await your response my email.

----------------------------------------------------------------

How does that sound?

Thanks again in advance

Comment

I changed it to the following:

'this, I believe this account is 'unenforceable' as per the FCA handbook, in particular.'

Comment

Right so finally had a FINAL response to my compaint in the post:

Main Points in letter:

1. Compaint NOT upheld:
            2. Under CONC 13.1, the agreement needs to be a true copy. Doesnt need to be the exact agreement. Does not need to contain a signature.
            3. We believe we have satisfied your CCA request, we deem the account to be enforceable.
            4. Your account has been chosen as being potentially suitable for litigation action.
            5. If not happy off you pop to the ombudsman

What's the next peay here?

Ombudsman or wait for them to make next move?

Comment

Originally posted by claritydude View Post
              Right so finally had a FINAL response to my compaint in the post:

Main Points in letter:

1. Compaint NOT upheld:
              2. Under CONC 13.1, the agreement needs to be a true copy. Doesnt need to be the exact agreement. Does not need to contain a signature.
              3. We believe we have satisfied your CCA request, we deem the account to be enforceable.
              4. Your account has been chosen as being potentially suitable for litigation action.
              5. If not happy off you pop to the ombudsman

What's the next peay here?

Ombudsman or wait for them to make next move?
              The Ombudsman isn't great regards 'unenforceability' matters'. I'd wait to see what they do.

Comment

Ombudsman will not enter judgment on CCA and say only a court can., that is what happened to me = the length of time ombudsman reply too late anyway as a judge will only allow about 3 months for response.

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                  Ombudsman will not enter judgment on CCA and say only a court can., that is what happened to me = the length of time ombudsman reply too late anyway as a judge will only allow about 3 months for response.
                  I agree, see what the Creditor does.

Comment

Happy to wait this one out and see what happens next, thanks?

From what I believe the agreement is unenforceabe in court, so do they have form for pushing court action without the proper documentation especially as over £10k, which I assume means fast track and also some costs can be recovered?

Also they previously issued a letter before action on this account about 6 years ago. Does that have any bearing on next steps?

Comment

their move next?> if any LBA 6 years ago? interesting!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X